View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2018, 02:59 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Lynxpaw had used his tail to smooth the dirt of the dead prey. His ears stayed locked on Mothpaw, but he didn’t turn his gaze to look at her. His eyes was studied on the ground for a moment, then he gave a quick glance towards his mother, and finally looked at Mothpaw. “And, what did you expect? I told you about how my mother could be!” He mentioned frequently how his mother dismissed her kits constantly. She was hardly ever in the nursery. It was remarkable that they even knew her as their mother, respected her as a mother, and knew that she wastough to give out love. “She’s not even fit to be a mentor. You and I both know this.” He let out a snicker before lifting himself to his four paws and stretching each limb to its fullest. “Don’t let it get to you though.” He commented, trying to mildly cheer her up. Lynxpaw began walking off, flicking his tail behind him for Mothpaw to follow suit. If Lemonspotted was out of sight, then she was out of mind. The calico looked pretty besten up and Lynxpaw never liked to see his best friend sad or frustrated. “You should be lucky that I came to rescue you,” he boasted. “I saw this really pretty molly that I wanted to talk to but I had to go save you from my mother’s wrath, so thank you for letting me lose her — really.” Lynxpaw spoke sarcastically. Obviously, without second thoughts the tom would save Mothpaw before any other she cat. The exception may be his sister, Sorrelpaw even if she got on his nerves and on more than one occasion, weirded him out. But, Mothpaw was like his little sister. Someone he needed to protect constantly. Keep his eye on. That’s what best friends did. He had her back and she had his. Frankly, he did feel bad that she would have less experience than the other apprentices. He still couldn’t believe his mother managed to get an apprentice with her wandering imagination. Lynxpaw took more of an advance because Hunterfang was a strict, yet collected mentor who only wanted Lynxpaw to be impressive. Added with the sweet charm the tom gained from fun lessons with his older half-brother and all. “You’re not going to be less experienced, Mothy.” Lynxpaw assures the she cat. His ears flicked, thinking for a moment of what he would do about the situation. Those were only words, and words were easily swept away by the wind on the moors. “Hmm, Maybe - “ Maybe? Maybe...what, exactly? Maybe, he didn’t know. Maybe...he could teach her a little something. Just a little bit of the beginner’s moves that Lynxpaw been perfected as a younger apprentice. “Hey, maybe I could teach you a little lesson in hunting!” He winked at her. “All you really need to do is do good on your assessment in order to become a warrior, so maybe I could teach you a few things? With me as your teacher, you’ll be invincible.” A boyish, large grin planted on his charming features. Confidence always had looked good on anyone, and Lynxpaw did a phenomenal job of parading it around.

Mothpaw padded after her best friend, glad that he was making it so she couldn't see Lemonspotted. She had been nodding along to what he had said, a little absently. She was completely aware that everything he said was correct, and that she shouldn't have tried to talk to Lemonspotted but she had been so desperate to learn something that she couldn't help it. She could not stand feeling like the worst apprentice ever all because she had been forced to have a terrible mentor. It was a wonder that Lynxpaw was so sweet when his mother was such a scatterbrained jerk. She had heard her best friend's warnings, but she hadn't believed that she was actually that bad. She had always thought he was exaggerating, I mean what mother could be that bad?Mothpaw's adopted mother had always been very sweet to her, and her father had always cared about her even the days he wasn't there. He had warrior duties anyway. She was never going to have warrior duties like her dad if she didn't learn anything. Her walk was slow, and worried, but when he spoke again, though he said it sarcastically Mothpaw jerked out of her mind, and halted. Another Lynxpaw flirt? Or soon-to-be Lynxpaw flirt? Just when she thought that her day couldn't get any worse. "Stupid she-cat." Mothpaw mumbled under her breath, to quiet for him to hear. She was tired in him being interested in every she-cat their age other than her. Even Larkpaw had sparked his interest. Maybe it had something to do with them being best friends, but if you were mates weren't you best friends? Her parents weren't mates, but in almost every case it seemed so. Maybe Lynxpaw's parents did set that example for him. Her apprentice hood was not going the way she would have hoped. Lynxpaw flirted with every she-cat other than her, her mentor was the worst mentor in the whole WindClan [at least to her it seemed that way] and all her best friend could talk about was other girls. Sometimes she wanted to yell at him and remind him that she, just like all his flirt was a she-cat. She didn't say anything, but sat down and listened to him. She didn't move, a expression of frustration settled on her face, until he suggested a hunting lesson. She cocked her head to the side, and smiled sweetly at him, the way her smile was when she was please or happy. "That's a great idea!" She purred, leaping to her paws, her problems almost completely forgotten. Lynxpaw could have great ideas that solved most things, that was one of the reasons he was her best friend.