View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2016, 01:32 PM
Something or Other

My Mood: Doh

Default Re: RiverClan Warriors' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
The starry form of a tom cat emerged in the entrance of the den. His glassy navy blues scanned the area, searching for his lost friend. Upon spotting him, drifting into sleep, in his nest, he approached him. His paw steps were silent, never making a sound. His paw steps weren't visible to any at, nor his dark gray tabby patterned body as he moved swiftly to his friends nest. He sighed, gazing down sadly at him. Fallenstream, he had seen, deposited his body in the river, leaving it to wash up somewhere and rot away. He didn't want that, but he didn't want to wake his friend to the bad news either. He loved his fiends and never wished to give them bad news, but this he had to do. He knew Robinsong wouldn't believe him if he hoped up to her. She couldn't go with him either, she had to stay with his kits. He gathered his courage and gently placed his starry paw onto Cloudyfoot's steadily rising chest, allowing him to see Waterstreak in between the dreaming world and the physical world. "Cloudyfoot, wake up my friend. Something terrible has happened and I need your assistance." He said, forcing his voice to be calm and level, not revealing the heartbreak he felt beneath.
The old tom had not noticed the starry appearance of his friend, and had drifted off doubtlessly into sleep. Cloudyfoot did not anticipate for his rest to be disturbed by Waterstreak, and when the StarClan tom made himself apparent to Cloudyfoot in his dream world, the tom was taken aback. As Waterstreak spoke, Cloudyfoot could feel the warmth of tears behind his amber eyes. "What happend?" he asked numbly to his old friend. "Who did this to you; I swear I'll shred them..." Cloudyfoot, though seemingly guessing, knew what had happened to Waterstreak; after his mother had died, she had appeared to him in the same, starry form as his friend. Though the tom knew that Waterstreak would be in an eternal state of happiness, Cloudyfoot could only feel dread as the thought of having to bury a cat lingered over him. Cloudyfoot, tried to seem brave in the situation, as though he would deal with the death of his friend without shedding a tear, but he could feel them boiling down his fur, staining it to almost a black color.

Last edited by Brunch; December 28th, 2016 at 10:29 AM.