View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2018, 09:14 AM
💙🦌💙

My Mood: Incognito

Default Re: - Tori's Hiding Place -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Oh, Tori wasn’t sure about hunting… it had never been her strength. Then again, neither was fighting - her strengths seemed to be running and hiding. A shame for a former Dusk Syndicate cat, and an embarrassment to everyone in her family, but an embarrassment who was still alive - thank goodness. ”Oh, I, um… I think - I mean maybe - sure?” Her words came out as a question, as the Bengal got to her paws, her tail-tip twitching uneasily back and forth. Avoiding making eye contact was the surest way to draw attention to her insecurity, but Tori couldn’t help it - she had always been the type of cat to do something stupid like that. Was it any wonder that she embarrassed her family, that she was not “perfect” at things like this? Tori glanced around at her surroundings, guessing that the grasses were the perfect place - that’s what she had thought before, anyways. Please, please, if there are any outside forces at work here, I’m begging you… please let me get this right. Tori had heard stories of cats who lived among the stars, dead cats, but they watched over everyone… whether those stories were true or not, she didn’t know. All she knew was that she hoped they were.
Toren flicked his tail as he listened to her staggered reply. After giving her a reassuring, confident smile, the tom cat turned toward the territory she had indicated. Setting out at a comfortable yet quick pace, the tom pushed his way past the lingering trees and bushes until he emerged into the tall grassland, the rush of openness swamping him. The wind blew softly, never ceasing to give way to still air. It was a nice day out, though a chill was hanging onto the breeze, prickling through his fur and sending his spine tingling. Parting his jaws and slowing the pace after shaking out his silver and white tabby fur, Toren tasted the air for any means of prey that happened to linger about the edge of the forest. The heathery scent of the land before him swept over his senses and immediately the familiar, inviting scent of a hare was carried on the breeze toward him. Toren flicked his ear excitedly and made sure to set his paws down lightly. He was swift and silent,, making hardy a rustle. As he crept forward, a sudden thought hit him; he had almost forgotten about his new-found companion, as he had gotten lost in the hunt. Quickly glancing at her, he pointed with his tail toward the left of his quarry, which was hopping lazily between the undergrowth. Hopefully she wouldn't get the just of what he had planned. Toren wasn't used to hunting with another, and merely gestured in what he assumed was a clear signal.

Last edited by Jynx; March 15th, 2018 at 09:14 AM.