View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2017, 11:24 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: WindClan Training Moor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Melody View Post
Hunterpaw let out a teasing laugh at his mentor, standing up again and pushing his paw away playfully. "Well maybe if I was fighting enemy cats. But you wouldnt hurt me wouldja Da--?" He cut himself off before the word 'Dad' could leave his mouth, inwardly cursing himself. The black and white Tom cleared his throat and stepped back, ears pinning against his head. "Ah--I mean, Springwind....Whatever, back to training," He gave his chest fur a few quick licks and turned his head away, shoulders stiff.

It wasnt like he didnt see Springwind as a father. He did. He just didnt want anyone to know that, not even Curlypaw, and especially not Springwind himself. Besides, it was important not to get too attached. He was trying to avoid the hurt, not run into it. Then again if that was the case why did he go chasing after every she-cat he could?

Was he looking for what they called 'love'?

But there's no such thing as love. Not as far as im concerned. Hunterpaw's gaze darkened briefly. And I dont need anyone. He was trying to convince himself, really. It hurt more and more to think it, because he did. He needed Curlypaw. He needed Fencall, even dumb ol' Cavestorm. Maybe he even needed Eclipsemoon. Hunterpaw wouldnt admit it but he admired the large Tom. He wanted to talk to his brother but he was scared, scared he would leave just like their mother did.

And Springwind? Hunterpaw needed him the most. His mentor was probably the only cat that could draw him out of this....Depressed state. Of course he'd never admit it out loud. Springwind was just here to train him. Once Hunter became a warrior, that would be it. Springwind had better things to be doing than dealing with a broken apprentice right?

Still. Hunterpaw dreaded the day that he became a warrior. That would be the day he and Springwind, the only father-figure in his life, would drift apart. He was putting it off, pretending not to really learn much. But what others didnt know? Hunterpaw remembered everything he learned. Okay, some of everything. And maybe at times it slipped out, Hunterpaw couldnt help it. But for the most part he was doing a good job at delaying his warrior ceremony, which hopefully would be moons to come. When it happened, Curlypaw would probably forget him, Fenclaw would go on to teach younger cats about Clan history. And the worst part would be Springwind leaving Hunter all alone again.

And the young Tom knew one thing; Hunterpaw didnt do alone real good.
Springwind twitched his ears. Did he hear his apprentice clearly? The tom sat there for a couple moments just staring through, and at the next words that Hunterpaw spoke, Springwind gave a small nod. "I suppose I wouldn't allow enemies to hurt you. After all, I'm suppose to hurt you, not them." He joked and lightly brushed his tail over Hunterpaw. "Someone's in a hurry move for training but I suppose." Springwind says and stretches first, extending his claws. His claws were abnormally long. Yet dull. He constantly would dig his claws into the dirt to numb them. Springwind hated that his claws weren't as sharp as other cats, but that was the least of his worries. "We'll start by practicing your pouncing-" before the tom could finish, a certain scent entered his nostrils. Springwind rolled his eyes, knowing his ever-so-sweet niece came along, trotting and throwing a sweet smile at every cat she passed. Once she stopped to look at Hunterpaw, but her expression was unreadable. Instead she gave him a simple nod and trotted towards Springwind.

Springwind could already smell the scent of flowers and taint of wood. Springwind cleared his throat, clearly irritated that his niece came at the wrong time. "Yes, Aluna? As you can see we're in the middle of training."

"Is training really important than your own niece?" The small she-cat says in her utmost sugary voice. Springwind rolled his eyes. He knew exactly how she played. The tom nodded. "Well, not the training but Hunterpaw is. I can't just leave him to tend to you."

"You don't even know what I want!" She remarks, clearly displeased. The she-cat didn't want anything much. All she would liked was to watch their training. She tried making new friends, hoping to be accepted by the other she-cats, but failed in the process of doing so. "I just want to watch."

"We were simply practicing our training moves, if that's what you're interested in." Springwind says. He flicked his tail towards a nearby bush, indicating for his niece to sit there and wait. "Stay where I can see you. And no...you know what."

"I honestly don't." The she-cat replies, and slightly stretches her body, allowing her front paws to extend. She heard satisfying cracking noises and got up to shake her pelt. "But whatever." She says before going to the spot where her uncle told her to, but she watched them with curious eyes. She wanted to learn how to fight--or whatever they were doing. She just wanted to be apart of the fun.

Springwind turns back to Hunterpaw, giving him a bright smile. "What were we on again...? Pouncing right. What I want you to do is tackle me. I will flip you over, but I don't want you to allow me to flip you over. You have to make sure your claws are out, but not pricing my pelt. Another thing you need--you know what? I have an idea." The tom says, and he called for Alunapaw to come over once more. The female apprentice pricked her ears, slightly confused but made her appearance anyway. "Yes?"

"Hunterpaw-tackle Aluna." He says firmly, his tail swishing. "Aluna, I want you to allow him to-"

"Why would I want him touching me?" She shuddered. "I'm appalled."

"Aluna I don't have time to deal with your attitude. I could be teaching you both a skill that you clearly need to learn. I have much faith in Hunterpaw, but however you? You need the help."

"Oh, geez. Thank you for having faith in me." Alunapaw rolls her eyes, but she prepped herself up, staring at the male apprentice with slitted eyes. Springwind gave him the signal to attack her. "The point is to not allow her to flip you over. You your claws to press onto the ground between her shoulders and allow your hind paws to be on either side of hers. This will allow her to not kick up with her own paws, thus flipping you over. Just try it out--and you'll see what I mean." Springwind advised.

Alunapaw let out a sugary laugh. Something that sounded like honey, sweet and thick. "Whatever you say, Springwind. I won't go easy on him." She says, "Why would I ever want to lose to...half-clan idiots?"

"Aluna," Springwind scolds before he takes a quick glance around the area to see where the others were so far. As he turned back to his own apprentice, he tells Alunapaw with confidence, "Hunterpaw is a professional. I have nothing to fear. He will never let me down, and I know it." He says, his eyes beaming down at the son that would never be his.