View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2020, 10:24 PM
What even...

My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: Whispering Wetlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post

Nodding in confirmation Breezefeather kept his green gaze focused on the grave for now. "It was Shadowclan. A raid when I was just an apprentice. I can't exactly remember when during my apprenticehood, but it was only the first of many struggles I would come to face in life." Yet... his mother's death still burned, clear in his mind. The blood soaked cream fur that he had discovered as he ran down the hills of the moor, still struggling with his too long legs... It had been bloody. And he had fallen apart at that. Being able to stand here, to gaze at it while still managing to not break down was a massive step for the silver tom. Practice? Time... Time healed all wounds and the wounds he was currently suffering from would be healed too... with time. Watching Lilypaw head over to the grave he bowed his head and turned it away. What she was saying was not for his ears to know, it was for the one in the stars, the one whom he missed so very much and the one who was taking care of his own children who rested among it. When he heard her voice die out he did indeed turn around and walked up to her, just standing next to her and gazing at the grave once again. "This place, despite it just being a mound of dirt, makes me feel this much closer to her. I know she's watching from the stars, but it makes me feel like she's around me, like everything is okay despite her not being here. It brings comfort, solace, a reality to it all... but it also allows me to grieve."

Lilypaw gazed down at the spot on the ground until the silver tom joined her. A certain yearning was sunk deep into her gut. She turned to gaze into the forest beyond Windclan.

Redsky and Treeshade were buried outside Shadowclan borders. Her father had been a rogue after all, and their mother had never been able to make that leap to just leaving like she wanted to. It was the least her daughters could do was help her take that step after her death. She couldn't remember a time she or Rose had visited her parents after they had picked themselves back up after their mourning.

Now here, with Breezefeather and his mothers grave struck something in her that she hadn't thought to do in moons. And it was only right that he meet her parents too, right?

Lilypaw turned back to her companion in respectful silence.

"Thank you..." she finally murmured, pressing her head against the top of his.

"For bringing me here, introducing me. It couldn't have been easy to let me into this space."

Last edited by Spiderfrost; June 25th, 2020 at 09:33 AM.