View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2017, 09:13 PM
The Only Unicorn Member

My Mood: Sad
Default Re: ShadowClan | WindClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@Queenie

Smokethorn brought Bumblepaw to the border WindClan shared with ShadowClan first. He observed the dark pine forest on the other side of the invisible line and he wrinkled his nose in distaste of the strong scent. Luckily, there were no ShadowClan members in sight, so the mentor-apprentice duo could take their time. ``Here's the border we share with ShadowClan. Careful not to cross it. Most Clan cats aren't very forgiving if you cross their borders. Especially with leaf-bare coming, tensions will be incredibly high. Now, scent the air. Inhale ShadowClan's nasty scent and remember it.`` He also breathed in the typical ShadowClan smell in an effort to encourage Bumblepaw. He couldn't help but feel repulsion flow through him.

The gray-furred warrior did not want to stay for much longer, and would prefer to leave before the gross scent engulfed him and turned him into a ShadowClan cat. However, he was willing to stay just a little while longer to let Bumblepaw adjust to the other clan. ``What do you think of ShadowClan?`` Smokethorn was eager to know what his apprentice thought of the shadow-y clan? Did Bumblepaw feel frightened simply at the thought of them? Did he feel darkness swallow his heart, looking into the forest ahead of them? Did he think ShadowClan could be as stealthy and heartless as they were in the stories the queens and elders used to scare the kits?
Before the two of them even came to the border Bumblepaw already knew what Clan they would see first. He could tell from the immense amount of trees that were popping up more frequently as their bodies moved deeper, their shade engulfing the two cats and slaughtering the sunny moor. The second clue was the the smell the longer the apprentice stayed in the shadowy place the longer the stench had time to crawl its way into his pelt. Bumblepaw felt he'd never get clean! Shadowclan, Bumblepaw thought to himself. Despite being in unfamiliar territory the tomcat knew it.

The stench curled around Bumblepaw but despite that, the apprentice obeyed his mentor and took a deep breath. His brain wrapped around it, memorizing it. He could smell the marshy grounds in the distance, and the deep undergrowth that churned by worms. The most notable scent was the over-powering minty aroma of the pine trees. It was so strong it gave Bumblepaw a headache. He'd never seen a pine tree before but he knew this was them. He'd stayed up countless nights listening to the older apprentices laugh and joke about trying to climb them, against their mentors rules. Bumblepaw himself would never disobey Smokethorn like that but didn't mind the stories from the others.

The apprentice closed his eyes making sure he remembered. And when he was sure the scent was imprinted in his brain he started pacing thinking about Shadowclan. He knew the warriors had a history of living up to their dark name, but at the moment with Thunderclan lingering in the back of his mind, the pine scented cats were not on his list of immediate fears. That didn't mean the shadows didn't make Bumblepaw uncomfortable, but he was able to mask his nervousness with hard eyes. "They smell." Bumblepaw mewed. "At least I'll be able to notice that if they try and sneak into our territory." He looked to Smokethorn hoping this was a acceptable answer.

I have recently added a schedule to my site. If inquiring about my availability please check there.