View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2017, 10:29 AM
AHHH

Bump Policy: As much as you want lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
Setosekit nodded, tail twitching slowly from its place over per paws. Her sharp gaze followed his lean form as he retrieved his herb bundle. Flicking one of her black and orange ears, the she-cat blinked and leaned in closer. Didn't he want her to follow him? Assuming yes, the female got to her paws and made her way toward the backer edge of the cave. The young kit's nose twitched as the Sharon scent of many herbs filled her nose. It was definitely stronger back where the light didn't reach as strongly. It didn't bother her, though. I like this den. Setosekit thought as she lifted one paw far to keep from crushing a rather dry looking leaf. She assumed it had been bright green at one time. Nearing Surgestorm, she stood at his shoulder and looked closer at the bundle.

Bright eyes alert, despite the morning hour, Setosekit perked her ears, listening to him speak. See? Little yellow flowers. I use every little part of this plant to help heal our clanmates. The female kit smiled a little as she looked over the flowers. She she liked how he said our clanmates. It was true, even though they were his clanmate she much longer than they were hers. Nonetheless, they were all related, when it came down to it. "What do you use the petals for?" She asked. Personally, she would like to have played with them. Maybe practice hunting them until she could go out of the WindClan camp and actually stalk real, living, breathing prey. But, Setosekit knew that if the medicine cat use drugs it to heal their clanmates, than she need not dirty them. They might not be able to be used, for all she knew. @Zero to Hero
(Sorry for the delay, this week has been pretty hectic)

Surgestorm lowered his nose and sniffed softly at the delicate flower. It smelled sweet, but Surgestorm knew better than to be tricked by scents when it came to herbs. He knew the bitter taste of marigold well from chewing it into poultices so often. So well, in fact, that the taste was almost pleasant to him by now. "The petals and leaves can be mixed together to create a poultice that you apply to wounds to keep the infection away or to treat infection that is already in place," Surgestorm regurgitated the information automatically, almost reciting Turtleback's exact words from when he had been an apprentice learning these things. He had an exceptional memory... and he taught it to the new warrior apprentices every year, of course. "Just the juice can be used as well, but I prefer to apply all of the plant material to the wound because it seems to work better in my opinion." As he talked, he sorted through the stalks, placing them into two categories. He placed the pristine new flowers in a pile while cleaning up those that were crumpled and beyond useful, throwing them into the pile with his left-overs that were already in his storage. His paws worked quickly and efficiently, his yellow eyes gleaming with careful focus. It was clear that this was his job, his area of expertise.

I am here but not really rping too much at the moment. If you wanna chat, feel free to send me a visitor message on my profile!