View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2017, 07:45 PM
The Only Unicorn Member

My Mood: Sad
Default Re: WindClan Training Moor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

Smokethorn wasn't bothered by Bumblepaw's frustrated screech. Smokethorn knew how irritating it could be to screw up. Believe it or not, he's messed up more things than he can count, but he likes to think he came out okay. After all, he has a loving family, a proud clan, an apprentice with potential - what more can he wish for? Smokethorn was glad to see Bumblepaw was walking fine and could even trot with great ease. He released a sigh of relief, ``Good. I'd prefer not to see you hurt.`` Smokethorn was very much aware of Bumblepaw's embarrassment, but he was not going to acknowledge it in fear of bringing even more shame to the young tom.

``Okay, I like to start off my apprentices' apprenticeship by describing the other clans. Knowing all about your rivals and allies can be half the battle,`` Smokethorn meowed intelligently, rocking back on his haunches. He tucked his tail behind his paws, and sat with his spine straightened. A warm gleam was visible in his dark eyes, a friendly expression on his face, but his posture was a reminder that Smokethorn had serious intentions. ``We'll start with ThunderClan. Right now, they're our rivals. I don't know if you're aware of this, but WindClan is preparing for a battle against ThunderClan. ThunderClan is known as the clan of the fierce and brave, and their specialty in battle is forest-fighting. If you're ever fighting a ThunderClan cat, try not to give them the advantage by fighting in the undergrowth. ThunderClan cats are not as speedy as us WindClan cats, so use your agility and swiftness against them. And be aware of their strength - do not let them pin you; you will not easily dislodge them. Maybe if I'm able to teach you a decent amount of battle techniques before the battle, I'll let you fight beside me.`` Smokethorn didn't expect to be able to teach Bumblepaw so much in such little time, and he honestly preferred not to see his apprentice in battle quite so soon, but he'd try his best.

Smokethorn didn't leave much time for Bumblepaw to ask questions or state comments as he jumped into the topic of ShadowClan. ``ShadowClan are known to be wily and proud. Currently, we are neutral with them, neither rivals nor allies. They tend to do everything in the dark - hunting, fighting. They use the dark to their advantage and are very stealthy, so if you ever have to fight one in the darkness, rely on your instincts and skill. If you are fighting one in the light, use your speed against them.

Now RiverClan is the clan of the clever and strong. They are also the clan of swimmers. Never fight one near water, as they will use the water against you. If you are fighting in the water, simply fight your best and do not take risks. Surrender if you must. Outside of water, RiverClan cats can be rather slow, but they are strong and clever. Do not allow them to pin you; they will be difficult to push off.

SkyClan is a very new clan, and the four other clans do not know much about them. I know they are very agile and determined. They use the trees to their advantage, so when fighting one, do not let them get to a tree. Also, you must have sharp senses when fighting one as they are agile and can easily catch you off balance. Fight them based off instinct.``

Smokethorn paused, briefly running over everything he just said. ``Now, I know each cat is their own feline and have different skills than their clan represents. A RiverClan cat might not be strong, but might be swift. As we train, I will teach you to study your opponent before and during battle. This way you can decide on how you'll fight them, and what skill you should rely on. I'll teach you everything you need to know, Bumblepaw. Do you have any questions? Anything at all?`` Smokethorn wanted to hear Bumblepaw say something, anything, even a comment. He wanted to hear what his apprentice thought of training.
Bumblepaw shuddered at the mention of Thunderclan. He knew all about the battle that had waged at the gathering and how the two clans were about to be at each others throats, from the other apprentices. His own litter mates had excitedly decided themselves to somehow take part in the battle even though the three were just starting their apprenticeship. Bumblepaw wasn't sure totally. He wanted to be safe, but he wanted to help his clan too. Silently he placed his life in Smokethorns paws. If his mentor believed him ready, then Bumblepaw would believe in himself too.

Shadowclan scared Bumblepaw, he didn't know their warriors worked well in the dark. The small apprentice shuddered at the thought of fighting in the shadows of trees, not being able to see, feeling suffocated by the overhang of branches... Bumblepaw suddenly took back his wish about wanting trees on the moor. Riverclan unnerved Bumblepaw too. The idea of fighting a cat who could swim... Well Bumblepaw wished he'd never fight a Riverclan warrior by their namesake. So much could go wrong. He shivered at the thought. Bumblepaw listened intently as Smokethorn moved onto Skyclan. He remembered when the new clan arrived He'd been very young, and was confused at the fact.

Bumblepaw looked on at Smokethorn as the tom finished, his maw agape with wonder. How on earth would the apprentice remember all of this? There was so much information! He felt his pelt spike with excitement and eagerness to learn. Bumblepaw had so many questions! Embarrassment aside his mouth started pouring out questions. His brain rattled with so many his voice could barely keep up.

"Do Shadowclan cats really eat rats and frogs? Can Riverclan cats breath under water? Have you ever tasted a fish? Where did Skyclan come from? Whats a gathering like?" But the question that seemed the most important to Bumblepaw was, "why are we fighting Thunderclan?" He finally paused wanting to hear Smokethorns answer.

I have recently added a schedule to my site. If inquiring about my availability please check there.