Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2024, 02:50 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: The Starcave

Springlight
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps[all perm. active; sts for battle training]

The world felt tilted on its axis, and her naturally deep lapis-blue gaze flooded with the fury of tears that welled up in the corners of her eyes. Was it normal to feel the unbridled urge to start crying the moment that joy began to fill every crevice within her heart? She wasn’t sure whatsoever, and yet, she couldn’t find herself being able to control it. Her mentor’s words briefly touched the crevices of her mind, her lips sore from the wide smile smeared across her facial expression. Stars, how long had it been since she had smiled like this? She had regular, normal smiles before, but never ones like this. Words jumbled at the back of her throat, suppressing themselves to clutter out of her grasp as her mentor’s nose brushed away the stray tears that formed at the corners of her eyes. Each part of her mind felt sluggish at that very moment, pulling and tugging at her inner consciousness like the roaring salty shores of the ocean crashing up against the banks. Incoherently, she nodded, her sore lips still burning from the smile that tainted her expression. There wasn’t anything to further prove the fact that she felt pleasantly surprised by the fact that Drizzlecloud thought she was more than ready to earn her name, just from her taking charge of what had happened with RiverClan.

Such emotions couldn’t falter, only further fueling the swirling that expressed itself through her tremendous emotions. A sharp breath took itself into her lungs as she stood herself up tall, her tail whisking side-to-side. Each part of her flourished as she listened to Drizzlecloud begin the ceremony, stating her vows as she glanced skyward towards the illuminating ceiling before them both. The cool feeling beneath her paws from the stone spread itself through her body as she awaited for the name that her mentor was going to give her. A reminiscing warmth that spread itself throughout her body that she hadn’t felt since the days of her being adopted by Dovefluff when she was much younger. Her eyes blinked as the ticked tabby before her mentor rested her nose along the diluted calico’s head and finally gave her her name; the name that she had been long working for ever since she had been apprenticed. Springlight. She was no longer Springpaw, but Springlight. A full medicine cat of ThunderClan and a member of the clan that she had grown up in. A name that was granted to her because of her clarity and intelligence. Stars, the name would take some time getting used to, but being granted such a reward was nothing more than a pleasant experience for the calico to endure. Her smile had finally drifted, and the newly named medic gave herself time to get used to the new name that Drizzlecloud had granted her.

It was anything but horrible, in fact, Springlight adored it. The weight that Drizzlecloud had to bear along her shoulders finally being lifted must’ve been an enormous pleasure to have. The calico wouldn’t be certain with how she would be able to deal with it if she was the one giving an apprentice their name. But, but that’s not the matter now, this was, and Springlight adored every second of it. In response to her mentor’s question, the calico slowly shook her head to reminisce about the fact that she did not hate the name at all, as it fit her more particularly well than she thought. She wasn’t sure how she would be able to respond to her mentor’s comments without using any kind of verbal language. She had no clear understanding of how to use sign language, and there wasn’t any sort of communication that she knew how to send out. So how was she supposed to have known that well… she didn’t know what was supposed to happen next? Did they have to touch the moonstone now? She didn’t know, but she felt antsy to know what was bound to come forth of this whole ordeal.

@Omari [ this is a mess but i was rushing to get it finished before then! super sorry ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker