View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2017, 02:02 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

"Mercurykit?" Quailpaw wasn't so sure about that. For all she knew, he could be some former kittypet with such an odd name. Something that she had never heard of before. The she-cat didn't bother herself with the problems of other cats, so when she met others, all she really got to know about them was their age, name, gender, and if she hung around them a bit more, some pieces of their personality. But Quailpaw wasn't the type of cat to hang around others just for the heck of it. If she spent her precious time with some other cat, it had to be for a pretty good reason. Right now, she wasn't thinking she'd spend long with Mercurykit. So far, she hadn't sensed anything particularly annoying or bad about him, but cats could change. I know that from experience.

Quailpaw noticed that he seemed to be studying her eyes. In exasperation, the brown tabby rolled them. She knew what was coming, some dumb question like, "are you blind?" Of course I'm not blind you fools!
His statement made Quailpaw clock her head in slight surprise. She knew what he was probing at, but it was a gentle probe, and not a dumb question. Plus, if she wanted to, Quail could take it as a compliment. But this she-cat didn't need other's compliments.

"You think? Well don't worry, I'm perfectly healthy and fine. Every cat thinks that I am weak because I am a runt and half-blind. But no, I mean look how far I've got being this way. And I am faster and stronger than most other cats my age, because I have determination to be the best." Quailpaw flicked her tail proudly, focusing both of her eyes on Mercurykit. "My mom says Starclan was supposed to take me a long time ago." She turned her face to the sky, a sly sort of smirk on her face. "But I think they were too afraid that I was going to mess up their 'perfect little world' up there." Quailpaw was saying many things, talking quite a lot. But that was normal for the tabby. She'd say whatever she wanted to other cats, no one could really use anything in her life to hurt her, she'd been hurt so many times that now she was numb to the pain. Immune to emotion. "Starclan are just a bunch of old dead cats who don't have anything else to do other than meddle with the lives of living, breathing cats down here. And Surgestorm is one of the biggest mouse-brains for believing they can guide the clan." Quailpaw had strong opinions. Opinions that she was not afraid to share. With anyone. She would go and insult Surgestorm in his face if she ever had the chance!

What? Lionsoar was so confused. She had thought Thea was the mate of Weaselshade. If not his mate, then who is she? Relief was flooding through Lionsoar anyways though, she still had a chance with the larger tom. Woah, WHAT? What am I saying? The golden feline curled her tail around her legs. She didn't know what was going on with her. I think I'm sick... I might need to see Surgestorm..."
"But wait, if she isn't your mate, why were you checking in on her? That seems a bit odd, I mean, I know she's not your sister either, so?" Lionsoar inwardly winced at her own words. She sounded the slightest bit accusing. Not towards Weaselshade of course, but to this unknown Thea cat.
As he asked his next question, Lion's ears shot up in surprise. I thought he hadn't noticed! "I uh.. I was trying to make it funny.. yeah..." Nice job Lionsoar, nice. Job.
Mercurykit was aware that his name was strange, but he had never appreciated other cats pointing this out. When Quailpaw spoke, he gave her a look, but made no response until a few minutes later. "My parents were Thrushflight and Caramelblood - birth Mother was Fawnflower. Should give you an idea of how screwed up my family is." His biological Mother was despised by him, and most of his siblings, his birth father was gone, and his remaining father was rarely seen. His siblings weren't often around anymore... Mercurykit hadn't seen Silverkit, or Cobaltkit, in quite a long time. While he hadn't been very close to his sister, Silverkit, his brother, had been a much closer friend. "That's quite an ambition." The tom was half-impressed by Quailpaw, mainly because she had confessed to being half-blind and the runt, and yet she was faster and stronger - according to herself.

He supposed she would know that, if you were outrunning and winning in fights, then you were likely faster and stronger. Mercurykit himself was more of a thinker when it came to fighting, rather then jumping right in. But for him, saying that you were going to be the best wasn't quite as smart. Perhaps he could help Quailpaw - she might be older, but she could have done with a filter. Sometimes keeping quiet about your opinions was best, even though he silently agreed with her when it came to the words she shared about StarClan and Surgestorm.

"I agree. They've had their time. But, you should learn to keep your maw shut about things like that - since Singenight's gone, there aren't many cats who share your opinions on our beloved medicine cat and precious StarClan. Maybe a time will come again when someone like Singenight will lead the Clan and make us stronger, feared and respected by the other Clans, and then we'll see where their StarClan gets them."

Knowing her opinion, he knew it was fine to speak like that. Besides! Mercurykit was keeping his voice low, making sure that she was the only one who could hear her words as a smirk spread across his maw. Oh yes, he liked this she cat. Now, if he could help her - or she could help him, rather - things would move along. His father would be proud of him. His siblings would be proud. And their feelings were the only ones that Mercurykit truly cared about - like, ever. "Sometimes saying nothing at all is twice as powerful as giving your opinion freely." He added in a lower voice, partly to himself, partly to Quailpaw. This was true. If you watched and listened, taking in everyone's personal views, you could use that against them in the end... when the time came for you to do so.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; March 5th, 2018 at 10:36 PM.