View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Something or Other

My Mood: Doh

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
"That sounds good to me," Obsidiansky remarked with a smile in Canineheart's direction. He was still working things out. But Canineheart's support was encouraging, and it made him warm when he thought about the fact that she was willing to back off for his comfort. The fact that he was that important to her was very encouraging, and it made him feel like there was less pressure involved somehow. Now, no matter what, he wouldn't lose Canineheart. She would be his friend always. "And, Canineheart..." His voice trailed off as he thought of the right thing to say. "I just wanted to say thank you. Knowing that I won't lose you as a friend, that you won't be mad at me, it - it means the world to me. I'm really working all this out, I'll figure it out soon, I promise." He mewed, brushing up against her slightly - hesitantly, like he wasn't sure if affection was the right thing to be giving her at the moment, before he pulled away, his ears going back a little. He was embarrassed. And unsure as well, unsure whether he was doing the right thing or not, unsure that if he chose someone else everything really would be fine. Right now, he liked Fawnskip. At least, he was pretty sure that he did. But Canineheart's support and playfulness, and her beauty, and Sagewhisker having been through his side thick and thin, those were things that he couldn't just throw away. He couldn't ignore that he wasn't sure whether he had feelings for them or not. Now, he might have been completely sure before. Before they had both told him so. Now, he was trying to work out whether or not he really did and who he could see himself with for the rest of his life.
Canineheart nodded, trudging onward with the small, limp rabbit dangling from her jowls. She swayed across the territory, trusting Obsidiansky to check the wind for any prey along the way, as her senses were clogged with the wreak of the fresh-kill. Retracing her steps, Canineheart eventually found the lump of dirt that she had scraped over the other rabbit. Carefully, Canineheart uncovered the rabbit, and comparing it to her other catch, the one that she had caught originally was much bigger than the one that was currently dangling from her jaws. Should I try to catch another? Canineheart wondered, realizing that the small rabbit would barely be a meal for anyone. But not wanting to embarrass herself, or prolong the interaction with Obsidiansky, Canineheart flicked her tail at the rabbit, signaling for her companion to take it. As Obsidiansky rubbed against her in affection, Canineheart cocked her head in confusion, but flicked her tail across his shoulder in appreciation. "Of course," Canineheart muttered through the fur of her rabbit, "I realized that I made you uncomfortable and pressured you, and I don't want to do that." Canineheart considered her sentence for a moment, then added: "No matter what happens, you can count on me to be your friend." She flashed a small smile through the scruff of the rabbit, more to herself than to Obsidiansky; she realized that he would be there for her, even if he had a mate, even if he loved someone else.