View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2023, 07:23 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear

The pastel calico silently watched as Bumblestar spoke with Drizzlecloud, the young molly remaining civilly silent during the small ordeal. Of course, it wasn’t much to think about, just her leader speaking with the new medicine cat and confirming how she knew a couple of herbs like the back of her paws. Springpaw wondered how exactly Drizzlecloud would be able to handle such tasks. Training both a normal apprentice and then her, the newest medicine cat apprentice. Unless Springpaw could find herself other ways to learn how to heal, there wasn’t much she could do except just await for what could come next in the future. She hoped that ThunderClan could carry on a bright future ahead of them with Bumblestar as their new leader. She had good intentions, as the calico hoped, and she hoped that it would stay that way for a long while.

Springpaw’s eyes directed towards the golden herbs that Bumblestar gently plucked out of the herb storage with a claw, narrowing her oceanic hues to get a better look at the plant. She took in a tiny whiff of the herb’s scent, almost gagging silently from the bitter stench it gave off. Did all herbs smell like that? Good StarClan she hoped not. She wasn’t even certain of the taste that it’ll give off either. Blegh. Other than that, at least she learned that marigold is well-suited for infections if chewed into a paste and smeared onto an injury. Got it. Well, she could use marigold beneath some cobwebs for any injury that could be deemed serious. Like any major wounds among a body part. It would definitely be beneficial for the cat themselves and it’ll hopefully help them get better. At least she learned that the herb would be located at Sunkissed Creek, making it more simple to search for it in case they were low.

Then Springpaw’s ears perked up directly at Bumblestar when she began to inform them about other specific types of herbs, eyes narrowing as she listened. Ragweed gives others strength and kinda looks like a fern. She could possibly give that to a cat that’ll need it for a long journey. Or, maybe to a birthing queen in case their energy was low. But… she wasn’t all certain if ragweed could be usable on a queen in case it would risk any harm to the unborn kits. She didn’t want to risk that happening. She had the heavy temptation to ask in case the herb could be applied for such a situation, but she held herself back. It would probably be best to ask Roseraven first beforehand since she was one of the former medicine cats. It would be best for both Drizzlecloud and her, afterall.

Burdock root? From how low the chances of rat attacks are, the necessity for the herb may be rather low. However, Springpaw would want to be prepared for anything to happen to the herb that may come in handy. She listened carefully to Bumblestar’s words and gave the large molly a brief nod of understanding. Clean off the roots after being dug up with the stream of water in the den before using the herb on rat bites. Got it. However, Springpaw couldn’t help but feel her nose scrunch up from the mentions of mushrooms and their uses. So mushrooms are used to… kill off someone? Like deathberries but not as horrid? Springpaw could feel herself barely using that herb on anyone. She didn’t want to risk accidentally killing off any of her clan-mates because she accidentally gave them one of the mushrooms. She never had the thought of giving anyone any of them in the first place.

“I think I got it, Bumblestar.” She spoke, nodding her head once head as she focused back on the leader, giving her a short nod once more. She glanced briefly towards Drizzlecloud as her mentor spoke, mentally glad that she was able to speak out more for the both of them than Springpaw could. She wouldn’t know how to properly explain it to the leader herself.

@dino. @Omari

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; June 21st, 2023 at 07:23 AM.