View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Default Re: StarClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Scarwings View Post

Talonfang had left the old warrior to his muttering and went off to explore. She was still upset but the black and white shecat tried to keep her spirit up. She was on her way back to where Ripplewhisker was and held back tears as she saw her mate. She resisted the urge to run to Sproutwhisker. The two toms were obviously having a moment. Her heart tore in many different places as she listened to Sprout's whimpers. She put on a brave face and casually sauntered over, cautiously. "Sproutwhisker?"
“Sprout, I know that things are going downhill right now, I understand that.” Ripplewhisker murmured, his tone softened, “But you cannot give up, okay? You’ve gotten past all the hardships in your life from the bullies to the rejection to the loss - you might as well be the strongest one out there in the forest.” A quiet, chilling breeze blew through the shimmering forest that now surrounded the two tomcats as the large maine coon comforted the only cat that he could truly call his family - his beloved son, Sproutwhisker. Despite his words, the small tomcat did not speak anymore, just shaking slightly as his muzzle was buried in his father’s chest, claws unsheathing and digging into the loose dirt underneath him now. How could he go on with his life now that both Ripplewhisker and Talonfang were gone? He was alone again, so very alone where he had to make sure all his children would grow up and survive without a mother. He knew that the large tomcat was right though, he needed to be strong for them - for his friends, his family and even himself. Even though Talonfang’s time was done, his was not. There was a long and almost blissful moment of silence between them before Ripplewhisker’s eyes caught the familiar form of Talonfang, whose pelt shimmered with stardust and was slightly transparent, it was a sight that all Starclan cats were given and it seemed almost magical in a certain way, but most were too heartbroken by the sight of their loved ones to realize such a frail detail. He gave a low-toned sigh, knowing that this moment would be inevitable as Talonfang drew closer to them. When she spoke her mate’s name, Sproutwhisker’s shaking seemed to abruptly stop as he pulled away from Ripplewhisker and turned to see his beloved soulmate that was now before him as a Starclan cat, bathed in moonlight and sparkling stars. “Talonfang?” He said, his tone almost escaping his mouth as nothing but mouthed words as he raised a paw slightly to her. He looked back at Ripplewhisker and the large tomcat dipped his head, to which the small black-furred warrior jumped to his paws and ran over to the shecat, immediately nuzzling Talonfang’s neck and tears threatened to fall more from his eyes. “Oh, my love.. I’m so sorry that I could not save you..” He murmured, trying to not appear too broken, though he felt so shattered inside now, “Please forgive me.. I love you so much.. You know that..” Sproutwhisker blamed himself solely for the death of his mate, just like he blamed himself for his adopted father’s passing.