My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: Saltmeadow Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol. View Post

KESTRELSKIE
FLEUR DE LIS

[THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR]

< @Neso @Marigoldwhisper >

As this patrol went on, she could feel her impression of Thunderchaser withering. One thing was to be a good warrior; another was to be a machine, cold and battle-hungry. Like she was, negativity rolling off in waves, a glowering look constant on her face. And the way her eyes darted at each of them, as if she was ready to claw both of them made her frown harshly in her direction. Not that she thought Thunderchaser would care. And yet, her conversation with the Covenant lingered in the back of mind. The coldness and attitude spoke volumes, so perhaps what Thunderchaser needed was an average dose of death. (Kidding, kidding. Kestrelskies would never wish death upon anyone. But if Thunderchaser looked like she was looking for a fight or glared at her one more time, she was going to eat dirt.)

Deerspark, however, was better company. A bit shaky, and perhaps more cold than he let on, but kind and eons more conversational than the other patrol member. So, she was the first to respond to his question, looking in his direction. He was right, something was out there. She Cranes her neck, a sudden chill running down her spine. She edged closer, her nose twitching. "Bird." She muttered. "Probably predatory. A hawk, maybe?" She sniffed again, before stepping forward past Deerspark to investigate.

The sight of the animal made her pale for a second, before she gave it an experimental swipe. No response. "Definitely dead. Probably just recently. And... it's got no legs." To kill to defend was one thing. To mutilate was quite another. A small ache ran through the scar over her left eye.

[Deerspark]
Tom\Warrior\RC
"Da da da we're dead-"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Deerspark winced, his fur bristling.

"Thanks," he managed, grateful that Kestrelskies actually addressed the freezing tom. Oh my stars, did it just get colder?

He attempted to fluff himself as best he could, trying to wrap his stub of a tail around himself. But of course it didn't work.

Deerspark walked over to the large bird, a bit more confident now that his clanmate was standing over the large creature without even the slightest twitch of their whiskers.

Well, maybe she did become white as a ghost for a moment as he watched her freeze in place, but at least she gained the courage to walk over to the potential predator.

Deerspark poked a paw at it, his claws carefully tucked into his freezing paws. The poor animal didn't even shrink back.

He allowed his gaze to trail down it and--- oh. Oh.

He nearly threw up.

He didn't think I'd be that bad honestly, but it was worse. Much worse. It looked as horrid and as unnaturally eerie as kits who die in their sleep, their sightless eyes wide open as they're cared into Starclan.

He let out a soft hiss before he responded. "What does it mean? Have the Shadowclan cats gone insane? Are they trying to intimidate us?"

Deerspark began to ponder his own questions. A hawk was a haughty animal to bring down, let alone attack.

Tags; @Neso

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!

Last edited by Marigoldwhisper; February 11th, 2024 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Spelling/continuity errors :)