Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2018, 05:30 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: The Starcave

@Lonestar23 , @blue jellie , @Mauve , @Cosmo , @king kaleb! , @Silver Fishie

Shinefang had taken some herbs in preparation for this meeting. He didn't want to show any hint of limping or pain as he faced the other medicine cats tonight. Not only that, but it was Ringpaw's first journey to the Starcave. The last thing he wanted her to worry about was his health while he was introducing her. So he'd gulped down his willow bark as well as a poppyseed just to keep the discomfort at bay. He had never felt better. Well, perhaps a bit tired, but at his age a little tired was akin to normal. "It's right this way," he said to his apprentice, loping excitedly at his side. He parted his jaws to scent the approaching cave. Windclan... more Windclan? Nope, there was the fishy tinge. Riverclan... and Shadowclan too. He clenched his jaw. He could only imagine what a few of these cats would have to say to him about his behavior at the last gathering. But he'd face the scrutiny proudly, like the warrior he'd been. Once the cats were in view, he nodded to the cats he saw in turn. "Daydream. Flashpaw," he said, surprising himself for remembering the apprentices name. "Oriolepaw," he said, recognizing her by scent. "I was sorry to hear about Surgestorm. I have no doubt he was a good mentor." He then turned to Heathfur, and looked the shecat up and down with his only eye. "Heathfur. It's good to see Riverclan hasn't managed to lose yet another medicine cat...yet." On that note, he cleared his throat. "I have two orders of business to start with. First, this is Ringpaw, my apprentice. I'll be doing her ceremony tonight before we get started to officially introduce her to Starclan. Second, let me go ahead and get something out in the open right away: Yes, I did strike Fallenstar at the end of the last gathering. Yes I am aware of the fact that this was against the warrior code. However, the warrior code also demands that cats defend their clan even at the cost of their life. To me, that includes caring for and protecting the cats who dedicate themselves to serving their clan through healing. Us! All of us!" He looked at Heathfur, meeting the shecats eyes as he added, "And you. Riverclan has simply not done this in the last several seasons. They haven't managed to care for their medicine cats, and I believe this, by extension, is against the warrior code. Cats who do not live by the warrior code may not be allotted the privileges that the code offers like peace at gatherings. So, I am sorry that my actions were hasty and stirred up discomfort, but I cannot apologize for what I did." The old, battle-scarred tom sat on his haunches, his gaze calm as he waited, sure that some cat was bound to have something to say regarding his words, if not his actions.

Last edited by Charmer; August 4th, 2018 at 05:32 PM.