View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2023, 01:11 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: ShadowClan Kits' Playden

Shadowfur felt the slightest bit of self-doubt creep into himself as Moonkit questioned where everyone else was. Perhaps his lesson concept was worse than he thought?

Never mind that. You’ve got a kit here, and you certainly can’t be seeming self-doubtful in front of her.

He blinked once. “You’re the only kit at the moment who’s expressed an interest in the lesson I’m offering. But that’s no bother, you’ll be a better warrior for it.”

Deciding to start immediately, he began by pulling a thick wad of moss over. He’d pulled it from his own nest, so it wasn’t the freshest. But, finding green moss at this time of the season-cycle was tough. “I’m sure you know what moss is, considering you weren’t born yesterday. In warmer moons, you want to try to find moss that’s a deep, vibrant shade of green. That moss is the freshest, and will make for the best nest material. You can also use this moss for transporting water.”

He kneaded the moss with his paws. “When you pick moss for a nest, always be sure to knead it like this. This will remove any moisture from the moss. A wet nest will leave you more susceptible to cold and illness. Then, form it into a ball or a wad.” He demonstrated, rolling the moss with his paws into a haphazard ball. “This will allow you to carry it.”

Shadowfur picked the moss ball up in his jaws and set it back down in front of Moonkit. With one paw, he pulled the moss ball apart. “Now, you try everything I just showed you.”

( @Wingnettle )
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.

Last edited by occultation; January 5th, 2023 at 01:11 PM.