View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2023, 01:09 AM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: ThunderClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by valery View Post
Ah, no problems meant joy and sunshine for Alderstep. As long as he wasn't annoying. Easy enough. Although... "So you snore, then." Perhaps not the greatest thing to say, but being offhand was just so fun. But hey! Now his sleeping dilemma was solved. And Bumblestar's logic made sense. StarClan forbid both leadership roles die in the same embarrassing event. Alderstep would never show his starry face again if he died by getting crushed in his sleep. Not the way he wanted to go, for sure.

Anyways, he was feeling claustrophobic in the leader's den. The nasty den with disgusting lichen covering the entrance. How Bumblestar stood that, Alderstep would never know. Casting a glance at the wad of moss the leader had essentially tossed to the side, he rose to his paws. "Well, since that's all, I'm gonna go." The deputy made sure to take semi-tiny steps leaving, just in case Bumblestar had any last thoughts to throw in. But if not, he was going to go find himself something to munch on before doing some sort of activity.

@dino.

Oh, fantastic. Thank the stars she wouldnt have to argue about this. At his comment, the corners of Bumblestar's mouth quirked up in a lopsided smile, amusement lacing her tone. "Yeah, sure, I snore. We'll go with that."

...Actually. She had no clue if she did or not. Maybe she'd find Gentledoe later and take a nap, then get her answer later.

Alderstep rose to leave, and she let her deputy go. "That's all, yeah. Remember: no problems, or you'll be out faster than you can say your own name."

She was starting to like Alderstep. She really hoped she wouldn't have to go that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
"Tired? Then sleep Bumble-sis! I almost got eaten once because I didnt sleep enough, I thought a lynx was grandma, that couldve ended bad. Luckily she was nice about it once I explained. But still that was me you gotta clan so more could happen! Plus its not healthy or something? I dunno you should sleep after this."
Mudhound was completely unaware they were probably the reason Bumblestar couldnt sleep. Still they were worried about their sibling and made a mental note to throw a squirrel at her later just in case her sibling wasnt eating. Shouldnt be hard to do and didnt even require bothering Bumblestar for long, because maybe the tired was stressed tired. Logic intelligence dumb emotional intelligence smart as they were Mudhound was well aware how much pressure was on such a young leader. Especially given the transition wasnt smooth and had such big pushback at the beginning. If they were closer the warrior would try and get their sister to open up and talk about it but..... They might not be at that point yet.

Besides Mudhound was here for another reason that was more urgent. A reason that was yet another conversation that hurt to talk about.

A list: why had their grandmother taken some siblings and abandoned the rest, how could one apologize for abandoning a sister because they thought they were dead, how does one fix a relationship like this, and where are Houndspirits kits.

"Bumblestar where are Houndspirits kittens?" A long silence as the tripod struggled to get their words. "I came back because of a dream with Houndy-sis where she told me you guys were here and a bit of other stuff and at the time she said there was a patrol going out to get the kittens that lived." This caused a flinch as Mudhound forced themselves to power through. "Did.... Did they not make it? Rainkit and Skykit that is.... Or did something go wrong with the patrol I just.... I need to know why theyre not here."

Hurt hurt hurt and the maine coon was still and droopy for it.
Still they asked.

@dino.

Bumblestar had to blink and then squint, wondering if she had heard her sibling right. "You... explained to a lynx, that you thought it was your grandmother," she echoed, disbelief clear in her voice. Mudhound hadn't struck her as a liar, or even a truth-stretcher, despite being so gung-ho. Maybe she'd been wrong. "...I'll sleep later. I've got things to do." Thinking. Patrolling. Picking up after the others. That sort of thing.

Mudhound's next question made her expression falter. Her lips twitched once and then she looked away, claws tapping on the wooden floor of the den. It wasn't that she'd forgotten about Houndspirit, or Houndspirit's kits—she hadn't, truly—but grieving the same damn sister for the third time over had become emotionally draining, and she hadn't had much thought left over for kits she hadn't met and likely never would. Then everything went to hell, and her priorities had shifted drastically.

"I, uh... I don't know." A carefully controlled tone as one claw idly scraped a line into the bark. "I wasn't part of that patrol, and I never heard anything about how it went. I don't know what happened, or if it even was finished at all. I'm sorry. I've had bigger things on my mind lately."