Thread: March Gathering
View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2024, 06:25 AM
⯎ Never Be Alone ⯎

Status: ♢You Dart across the floor♢ Try not to lose your head♢
Bump Policy: Unless I say otherwise, two days.
My Mood: Amused

Default Re: March Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycatburmise View Post
Mallowpaw
41/100

This was definitely awkward. Mallowpaw sat on Flashpaw's hearing side with her tail wrapped around her paws, occasionally glancing at the other conversations around them that seemed to be flowing much more smoothly than theirs. But she forced herself to keep her attention on the apprentice so she could decipher her words.

"Thanks," Mallowpaw muttered when Flashpaw complimented her name. Flashpaw's awkward laugh hung in the air, and she flashed her a small sympathetic smile before the ShadowClan apprentice spoke again.

"My mentor? Oh, uh, Mushroomcloud. You probably don't know him." Mushroomcloud was a good mentor, but at times like this she really wished she had a mentor that was a Hornet or someone well-known. Like Foxpaw. Why had her sister gotten a Redhawk as a mentor and not her, the high achiever that had the values expected of a Hornet's apprentice? A brief jealousy burned bright in her chest. But she knew she couldn't linger on that, or she would start to resent one of the cats closest to her. "Who's yours?"

user20199_pic47966_1706994535.png
Flashpaw

Purrks: The Collector
Tags; @/kittycatburmise | Open

The flash in Mallowpaw's eyes didn't go unnoticed. She did keep quiet, though, not wanting to unearth grudges that weren't hers. Perhaps she was lying, or her mentor was mean. Either way, Mallowpaw was ThunderClan. She had no business sniffing a Thunderclanner's paws searching for more problems. ThunderClan was her enemy, but Mallowpaw was trying to be her friend. A friendship, she knew, that would only prosper once a moon. And that was alright, she supposed. "I-I-I r-really l-li-like m-my m-e-mentor." she mewed. It was true. She adored training with Silverlark and the tactic he'd taught her. Talking about him seemed to smooth her voice over a bit so she added, "M-m-mu me-mentor's Si-Sil-Silverl-lark. H-he's r-re-really n-nice. A-An E-Enforcer, t-t-t-oo." That last word was tricky, so she spaced out her attempts a bit.

She stared thoughtfully up at the leaders for a moment. She realized she wanted to have Silverlark be deputy- but he'd probably never, ever accept. This made her heart drop. There were lots of better choices... right? Well, not to her, but prooobably to Dawnstar. Silvee was a great warrior, but he wasn't vicious enough. Not fierce enough. Well, she didn't really know that, but still. She truly thought he'd make a good deputy, but he wouldn't be chosen. That was a fact. Maybe... maybe Darkfall? He'd be good at it, probably. But she still thought Silverlark could be better. Oh, well, Darkfall would probably be chosen. "S-Sorry M-M-Mallow-Mallowpaw. I-I'm n-not t-too s-so-social. C-cats d-do-don't like m-m-my st-stu-stutter o-or h-h-how I str-st-struggle t-to h-hear th-th-them so-sometimes." She wanted very badly to apologize. Even though she didn't do anything really wrong. "H-How o-o-old a-a-are y-you? I-I-I'm 7 m-mo-moons. An-and a-a hal-half." she made sure to pipe up.

"Prepare for the horrors
This night will keep repeating over and over
And over
Until you make it to the end"

The cats are waiting for their toys impatiently