View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2024, 01:15 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Windy Hills

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Active | Mind Reader - Active

The healer kept her distance, allowing the apprentice to take lead. Focusing on both sky and ground as she made sure no bird caught sight of them and decided to make a meal out of them. She wasn't about to scare the paw any more than she had to by reminding her to keep her wits about her, though. In truth, with Maplepaw not being all that young and the calico being a full grown cat - although just barely, as her mate liked to teased - she doubted that any hawks would try to hunt them. It would take a significantly large bird to take flight with either of them. Still... better safe than sorry, she supposed. Especially considering how well the long furred she-cat was doing so far.

Had her patrolmate not told her she had never hunted before, Lightningstorm wouldn't have suspected a thing. It was instantly clear that despite being a novice, the patched molly had talent. It was a simple fact of her aptitude for learning being squandered by those trusted to make it flourish. Typical WindClanner behavior, as far as the wiry framed lass was concerned. A thought that she was not able to stew on for long, as she found Maplepaw's exhilaration infectious, and couldn't help but grin broadly along.

"Best feeling there is, innit? When your knowledge bears result. Think you have some more hunting in you? To really rub it into your mentor's face? Won't you be having a laugh when you prove to everyone you've got more in ya than that sorry excuse for a warrior? Just think about it. The medicine cat and an untrained apprentice, coming home with more prey than most warriors can be bothered catching in a moon's worth of time. I know I will," she mewed, her smile growing devilishly.

"Now... you know what to do with that rabbit, right? You bury it for now. Don't want to give predators any reason to come round here. We've taken some time out here today, and I don't want to keep the medicine den empty for too long, so what do you say to separating for a bit, Words? Not too far, mind. Have to be able to keep my eye on you. Can't go 'round losing cats that might actually make a good name of WindClan before they earn their own warrior status, now can I?"

Lightningstorm gave Maplepaw an expectant look, not wanting to head off and leave the apprentice alone if she didn't feel comfortable being just a little separated for some hunting time. That would be... problematic at the paw's age, what with one of the perks of earning your name being precisely to have the liberty of going out and about on your own, without having to depend on others to hold you by the scruff like an unwitting kit. However, she understood that there had been some severe dereliction in terms of her learning during her time as a student. It might have potentially tarnished some of that independence that was gained as you improved. But the younger she-cat wouldn't even be able to figure that out for herself if she wasn't given the chance. The medicine cat had been ordering patrols out since she was her companion's age, but her circumstances had not been the same. If the heterochromatic feline needed more time to adjust, she would grant as much. It wasn't like the rest of WindClan would. They weren't known for their considerateness.

@wendigo [Maplepaw]
| It is not, no worries! |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios