View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2017, 03:45 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: BeachClan's Chaos

Author's Note,
Given permission by ladybugg03, her oc Willoweye will come into the story this chapter. Give her love!

Chapter Five,
A New Friend,

Lake had just finished clearing the ticks off the elders. Excitement pulsed through him because today was the day he could finally learn to hunt. Several sunrises had passed since the Gathering, and he had learned so much! Lake learned how to swim, how to fight, and now he was being taught how to hunt today! "Leafslide! Leafslide!" The young tom rushed up to his mentor. "I'm done clearing the ticks!" Leafslide touched her nose to his head. "Well done, Lake, now lets go," she purred and set off to the entrance. Lake bounded towards her and stayed by her side. "First we'll learn how to catch a crab," she began. "Although they're tasty, they are rare and don't come out often, so you'll have to dig." Lake bounced up and down. "Sounds fun!" Leafslide put her paw on his shoulders and sat him down. "They can feel the vibrations, so step lightly." Lake nodded and stood on his tip toes. Leafslide tip toes across the grass to the beach. Lake follow silently and stopped at a hole. "What's in there?" Leafslide paused and looked back. "Well spotted, that's a crab hole," she praised. The hole was large and freshly dug in the sand. The hole was dark and looking endless, but Leafslide pressed her paw a mouse length from the hole. "Dig around the hole here, and I'll tell you when to scoop the sand up," Leafslide instructed over the sound of crashing waves. Lake dug around the hole, sand flying up and clinging to his long fur. "Now!" Lake flung the sand left around the hole upwards and a white crab shot out. Leafslide pounced on the crab before it could escape. "Watch out for the pincers, and just find a soft area," Leafslide began while she held the slippery creature. Lake scanned the white crab and noticed a vunerable area in its shell. Swiftly bending down, he gave a nip to the soft part, and the crab writhed in pain. Lake bit down harder until it fell limp. "Good job, Lake. Now let's take it back to camp and we can go over some battle training," Leafslide praised. Lake raised his head high, crab in his jaws. The pair walked back to camp in content silence. The trees swayed and the sound of the beach was fading. All was peaceful until... CRACK! Lake whipped around and exchanged a glance with Leafslide. Setting down his crab, Lake and Leafslide crept towards the noise. Leafslide flicked her ear to one side, and Lake went the opposite direction. As soon as the first sign of grey fur appeared from the cover of the lush bushes, Lake pounced on top of the stranger. The stranger thrashed and struggled before settling down slowly. Leafslide appeared from the other side, snarling. "Who are you? Why are you on our territory?" The stranger trembled beneath his paws. A rush of pity washed over him. Lake studied the stranger. It was a grey molly, with possibly the greenest eyes he's ever seen. He stared at her for a moment longer, but shook his head and focused on the confrontation. The molly's jaws were open and moving, but no sound came out. Lake tipped his head to one side. Glancing up at Leafslide, he saw she too had the same confused expression. "I don't think she can talk," Lake murmured. Leafslide exchanged a thoughtful glance with Lake. "Let's take her to Reedtail, he'll know what to do," Leafslide sighed. Lake slowly stepped off of the molly. The molly slowly stood up, her legs visibly trembling out of fear. Lake nudged her. "Hey, Reedtail was kind to me and my siblings, I'm sure he'll take you in," he encouraged. The molly seemed to brighten at that. Quickly, he picked up his crab and padded beside the stranger and Leafslide. It wasn't long before the group entered the camp. Lake sat his kill down as all eyes landed on them making his fur feel hot with embarrassment. Reedtail climbed to the top of the Dune. "Who have you brought, Leafslide. "We don't know. We found her on our territory. We asked her questions, but she can't speak! What do you want to do with her?" Reedtail sat down, and stared thoughtfully at the molly. "We should let her stay," he murmured. Lake caught Sanddune's gaze darken. "Do you know her name?" Lake shook his head. "I shall name her then," Reedtail announced. "Her name will be Willow, after the shade the tree gives." Lake risked a glance at Willow. She seemed to be more relaxed than she had before. "Congratulations, Willow! I told you Reedtail would be kind," Lake purred. Willow gave him a look of gratitude. "If you don't know, my name is Lake. I was a rogue like you!" Willow nodded. "I wonder who will mentor you," Lake continued to ramble. "I hope they don't scare you!" Lake bounded away. "I'll be back," he called. The tom poked his head into the Apprentice's Den, only to see Vole and Ember in a heated argument. "I don't get what's so great about Sanddune! He's mean and rude!" Vole's back was arched. "But he saved us didn't he? And he's taught me all these great things!" Ember's eyes burned with anger. "You're not his apprentice," Vole hissed. "Go eat crow food for all I care, just please don't-" "Guys?" Lake entered the den, concerned. "Hey, Lake," Ember purred. "What's up?" Lake's fur flattened. "Come meet Willow! She's a new member to the Clan," Lake announced. Lake turned, but caught Vole glare at Ember before joining her brother. Oh, boy, Lake sighed inwardly. The apprentices spent time with Willow before all the apprentices went to bed. Before Lake entered the den, Willow brushed past him, and smiled. She nodded and entered the Apprentice's Den. Lake knew she meant to say 'thank you', and wished he had the chance to say 'you're welcome'. Feeling a new sense of joy, the tom entered the den and curled up beside his siblings. He noted that Ember and Vole were curled up beside each other as they had before. Maybe it was just a petty argument. Or maybe, it was something more.

Last edited by Role; August 6th, 2017 at 08:41 PM.