Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritedWarrior View Post
Crowpaw

Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing) and Agatha Kitty
@tally

Well… this was it. He was finally learning how to hunt. Redhawk was to be his mentor… Crowpaw had high expectations for this she-cat. Why? Well, it’s simple. Bumbleflight and Littlelion failed to do their jobs and train him so he could be a warrior. It was up to Redhawk to clean up their mess, in a matter of speech.

Now Crowpaw didn’t know Redhawk all that well. He didn’t know how she functioned and how good she was as a warrior to really have any opinion on her. I suppose I’ll have to find out soon because she is my mentor and all. The young tom hummed to himself. Redhawk wasn’t too much older than him, and he only knew that because she was a young warrior while he was a kit. Granted she clearly still is, but she was a real young warrior.

The brief chat with his new mentor helped to get to know her a little better, but with the way his past is, it’d be a while before that she-cat would be trustworthy. Perhaps, just maybe, he’d start to respect the warrior when he stands in front of Bumblestar wearing his new name.

“Hunting? Yeah… uh- I know nothing about it.” Crowpaw growled in annoyance, not toward Redhawk, of course. He was just sick of being nearly eight seasons old and not bearing the name of his… well, the name his ancestors give him. “It’s simple, though, isn’t it? Basically fighting but with small scraps of fur that squeak?”

Redhawk - ThunderClan Hornet

The annoyance was a surprise, and internally Redhawk did a check to see if she had somehow forgotten something. It was difficult to discern if it was directed towards her, or the fact that somehow Crowpaw had made it to twenty moons without knowing how to hunt. "SSS-Sort of. It's instinctual for all of us, but t-takes practice. Not really like... fighting." That earned a small good-natured chuckle from the hornet as she slowed her pace.

She didn't want to belittle Crowpaw, or approach this as if he wasn't already an adult practically, only ten or so moons younger than her. "Now t-there's different approaches to hunting depending on what prey you're after. Can you tell me what you can sss-smell around us?" There were a few things that Red could detect from where she stood, but her yellow-green eyes rested curiously on Crow, waiting to see what he could discover on his own.