View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2018, 09:25 AM

My Mood: Dead

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Huge paws thundered the ground as Warrenflight galloped out of the camp. He had just exited the nursery, where he had been visiting his young family, when he noticed someone leaving camp. The new father was dying to hunt with another cat, talk to another cat about things other than kits! The tom loved his kits above all else and would give them the fur off his back and all the blood in his veins if they asked, but he was still getting used to being a father and need a reprieve to do his usual warrior duties. He wished he could go hunting with Goldenrain again, but the only cat they knew that was available to watch the kits was Dredgecoat and Warrenflight didn't trust his reckless brother with the kits while they were so young. So, he had bid his love goodbye, promising to return with a plump squirrel and that they'd go hunting together soon. Without Goldenrain to accompany him, Warrenflight was looking at hunting alone...again. He hadn't hunted alone so much since he was a young warrior, before he'd met Goldenrain. Usually, they went out together and talked and played while hunting. Luckily, he had noticed the red-furred she-cat leaving and overheard her asking someone to hunt with her. Warrenflight caught up quickly thanks to his long legs and big paws and panted, "Excuse me, but you're going hunting, right? My name is Warrenflight, would you mind if I join you?" After a brief pause, the tom added, "Please, I'm desperate! I haven't been hunting with another cat in a quarter moon!" Warrenflight knew that he must appear somewhat crazy. He hadn't slept much in the past few days so his eyes were wide and droopy and his fur was disheveled from playing with his kits in the nursery.

The molly heard pawsteps coming up from behind her and turned in confusion, wondering if the thing following her was a cat or a fox. She saw an overly exhausted cat plodding towards her, and she took note that she had seen this cat around camp, although they had never spoken. She opened her mouth to greet him but the other warrior got there faster, and by the time he was done talking a million fox-lengths an hour, Cardinalsong's head was already spinning. After she took a second to process it, she nodded her head eagerly in response - even if Warrenflight did look a little insane at the time of their meeting. "O-Oh of course! I was hoping I wouldn't have to hunt alone today," she added with a chuckle, remembering the rest of the SkyClanners who had turned her down. And now, here was this tom, practically pleading to hunt. She thought of the little story he told and tried to fit the pieces together in her mind, wondering where she had heard this cat from before.
"Oh!" Exclaimed the molly suddenly. The gears in her brain finally started twisting as she padded on through the sparse territory, looking for any possible prey sources while keeping up a conversation. "You're the new father. It sounds lonesome, being stuck in a den. But imagine how your mate feels!" She said with a mrow of amusement. Toms were allowed to go out, at least, but she found it nice that he had actually chosen to stay with his family and watch over them.