View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2018, 11:23 AM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post

The molly heard pawsteps coming up from behind her and turned in confusion, wondering if the thing following her was a cat or a fox. She saw an overly exhausted cat plodding towards her, and she took note that she had seen this cat around camp, although they had never spoken. She opened her mouth to greet him but the other warrior got there faster, and by the time he was done talking a million fox-lengths an hour, Cardinalsong's head was already spinning. After she took a second to process it, she nodded her head eagerly in response - even if Warrenflight did look a little insane at the time of their meeting. "O-Oh of course! I was hoping I wouldn't have to hunt alone today," she added with a chuckle, remembering the rest of the SkyClanners who had turned her down. And now, here was this tom, practically pleading to hunt. She thought of the little story he told and tried to fit the pieces together in her mind, wondering where she had heard this cat from before.
"Oh!" Exclaimed the molly suddenly. The gears in her brain finally started twisting as she padded on through the sparse territory, looking for any possible prey sources while keeping up a conversation. "You're the new father. It sounds lonesome, being stuck in a den. But imagine how your mate feels!" She said with a mrow of amusement. Toms were allowed to go out, at least, but she found it nice that he had actually chosen to stay with his family and watch over them.
”Thank you,” Warrenflight sighed, shaking his coat out in an attempt to make himself more presentable. The she-cat beside him was giving him an odd look and Warrenflight began to worry that he had tufts of fur sticking up somewhere. However, his worry was appeased when she exclaimed that he was ‘the new father,’ which he was; she must have been thinking. “Oh, yes! Indeed I am. My apologies, I thought I must have had some fur sticking up oddly! He listened as his fellow warrior continued and he chuckled, “You have a point there! I’m afraid I’m being a bit of a traitor! We usually go hunting together, but I needed some time to breathe. I’m on a quest for the largest squirrel in the forest for her for forgiveness. Will you help me....I’m sorry, I’m afraid I’m not completely sure of your name! It’s Cardinal, right? Cardinal-“ Warrebflight started walking briskly forward, keeping his ears perked for any sound, ”So, where were you planning to hunt?” Warrenflight has suggestions, of course, but had become more aware of his own bossiness and was attempting to get it under control, so he waited for her opinion.