View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2018, 06:59 AM

My Mood: Dead

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
”Thank you,” Warrenflight sighed, shaking his coat out in an attempt to make himself more presentable. The she-cat beside him was giving him an odd look and Warrenflight began to worry that he had tufts of fur sticking up somewhere. However, his worry was appeased when she exclaimed that he was ‘the new father,’ which he was; she must have been thinking. “Oh, yes! Indeed I am. My apologies, I thought I must have had some fur sticking up oddly! He listened as his fellow warrior continued and he chuckled, “You have a point there! I’m afraid I’m being a bit of a traitor! We usually go hunting together, but I needed some time to breathe. I’m on a quest for the largest squirrel in the forest for her for forgiveness. Will you help me....I’m sorry, I’m afraid I’m not completely sure of your name! It’s Cardinal, right? Cardinal-“ Warrebflight started walking briskly forward, keeping his ears perked for any sound, ”So, where were you planning to hunt?” Warrenflight has suggestions, of course, but had become more aware of his own bossiness and was attempting to get it under control, so he waited for her opinion.
The molly dipped her head towards Warrenflight. She did indeed have a longer name then some warriors, so she wasn't surprised that this cat she barely met could not remember it. Padding forward, she chatted quickly, her eyes on alert and her ears pricked erect for any sign of prey. The two had gone far enough from the camp now that they were in the hunting area, large trees towering everywhere and sparse undergrowth snarling around the roots. "Cardinalsong," she informed him politely. After hearing his question, she didn't want to admit that she hadn't really made up a plan or w route for where they would hunt, and would just watch out for prey along the way on their trod to nowhere. She had just wanted to get out of camp in the first place, but she had wanted to be productive as she seperated herself from the rest of her Clanmates too. The she-cat swallowed hard. "I don't know, exactly. There's a grove near here Auroraflame informed me of lately, she says she spotted a nest of thrushes or two last time her and her patrol came up here. We could search for that," she suggested, thinking on her paws. Hunting with another cat was a fresh break from hunting in solitude, and she quite enjoyed it, but she wasn't used to the one leading the patrol or scouting the route. Pretending she did gave her a sense of confidence, though, so she made her mind churn enough to make something up on the spot.