View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2018, 12:37 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
The molly dipped her head towards Warrenflight. She did indeed have a longer name then some warriors, so she wasn't surprised that this cat she barely met could not remember it. Padding forward, she chatted quickly, her eyes on alert and her ears pricked erect for any sign of prey. The two had gone far enough from the camp now that they were in the hunting area, large trees towering everywhere and sparse undergrowth snarling around the roots. "Cardinalsong," she informed him politely. After hearing his question, she didn't want to admit that she hadn't really made up a plan or w route for where they would hunt, and would just watch out for prey along the way on their trod to nowhere. She had just wanted to get out of camp in the first place, but she had wanted to be productive as she seperated herself from the rest of her Clanmates too. The she-cat swallowed hard. "I don't know, exactly. There's a grove near here Auroraflame informed me of lately, she says she spotted a nest of thrushes or two last time her and her patrol came up here. We could search for that," she suggested, thinking on her paws. Hunting with another cat was a fresh break from hunting in solitude, and she quite enjoyed it, but she wasn't used to the one leading the patrol or scouting the route. Pretending she did gave her a sense of confidence, though, so she made her mind churn enough to make something up on the spot.
Warrenflight nodded, "Ahh, Cardinalsong. I remember now." As they padded forward through the forest, Warrenflight glanced at her out of the corner of his eyes, waiting her answer to his question. His paws itched to take charge and lead the way to a perfect spot around the roots of a sycamore tree. The roots were simply teeming with critters and the branches waved and bowed under even more creatures. However, he knew that the warrior beside him was fully capable of making decisions and choosing good places to hunt. Warrenflight had always been a rather bossy cat, and having young kits seemed to have heightened that. He did his best to calm the impatient pounding of his heart. This is just a leisurely hunt. You are going to stand back and let someone else make the decisions and just enjoy nature. The large tom breathed in deeply and let it out, feeling himself calm down to a relaxed state. Cardinalsong suggested a nearby grove and Warrenflight inwardly frowned; he had somewhat expected her to mention the same tree he had been thinking about. Outwardly, though, he wore a bright smile and nodded. "Sounds good to me!" The maine coon warrior turned his paws in the correct direction and continued his calm walk with perked ears.