View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2016, 07:31 PM
ยด෴`

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Dusk Syndicate Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenic! View Post
Hamlet honestly shrugged at Lusk's story, not knowing the beginning of it nor the meaning of the end- he was growing bigger now, but he kept his own sense of ignorance towards different feelings as he got older, not caring much about what others thought of him- besides, he hadn't made any 'friends' in a long while, anyways. The tom remembered a few snippets of conversation between him and... another cat, in this same spot, moons ago.

Yeah. It is really bright. But isn't it beautiful?" Something prompted him to ask more questions, talk to this mysterious cat who seemed to be a healer; the occupation he had thought of being his only option in this community. Oh, the questions he had to ask were simply daunting for a kit his size, but he wanted to know everything there was about herbs and healing- everything. "Hey... What's your name? I'm Hamlet." He started off with, before continuing with a second question before he stopped to let Lusk reply. "You're a healer, right?"

Oh, they'd talked before.
Lusk doesn't actually intend to imply that he'd been the demise of a cat (he hadn't, actually,) -- but then again, who hasn't? He turns his head away from the smaller tom, settling it upon his coworker, of sorts. His good eye blinks slowly, as if he's coming back down to reality.

"Insulting?" It clicks after a moment. He recalls the topic they'd never left. "In the syndicate, yes. I joined sometime after Neomora was given her position." He feels he's oversharing, dropping his guard under Arrow's wide eyes. He snorts, catching himself -- Arrow hadn't asked. There's a little voice that gnaws at him, tells him to shut up and turn away from the both of them.

Strangely, he does not.

"Hamlet." Lusk addresses the younger suddenly, turning to stare blankly down at the cat. He recalls the same conversation, the same time, out under the glaring sun with a kit bold enough to approach him. "...Do you still enjoy the sun?"

Please remember to @ or quote me if you'd like me to respond to you!