View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2016, 12:23 AM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: Dusk Syndicate Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
A slight breeze gusted through the rather quiet, dim-lit Syndicate camp, tugging at a few tufts of Hannibal's short grey fur, though he made no move to groom them down, not just yet, his head turning away thoughtfully as he dwelled on the conversation he was having with his former trainee. It was an interesting one for sure, much better than the simple, mindless speak that some cats come up to him with, and the fact that made it all the more interesting, not necessarily to him, but in general, was that it was the one cat who escaped his claws, even if barely. Did any cat even know that aside from the three that were there? Or had Illusion and Hera been smart enough not to talk about it? Hannibal would know if they have, whether cats know it or not, he listens to everything. Even if he looks like he's simply laying there, grooming, he's listening to the conversations, pulling out information that he wants to know.

With his head still turned, the only indication that he was still listening to her was his swiveled ears that were attuned to her. Whether he looked distracted or not, he was listening to her words very carefully, fully aware that Illusion was watching him just as carefully as he was listening. He thought about the question carefully, allowing her to fully finish what she was saying and then giving it some time afterwards, his head not bothering to turn back to look at her when he finally decided to answer. "You know what, you've been fair in answering my question, so I'll be fair in answering yours. I will give you an honest answer Illusion, hows that? "I don't refuse cats from getting close to me, they can try if they do so wish. They can think I'm their friend, but really. I have yet to find a cat that has caught my intention long enough for me to want to keep them alive. Or perhaps I have, but they ended up breaking the only rule I hold when interacting with other cats, one you should know very well." His orange gaze flashed back to her for a moment. "I'm rather indifferent about having 'friends', it doesn't matter to me. But I don't refuse cats from trying, though usually they just all end up the same."
The white she-cat listened carefully. Another question popped into her mind. Although she patiently awaited for the gray tom-cat to finish talking, knowing that interrupting him would only cause tension she didn't need. That is, if he didn't attack her for it first. It could be considered rude, nonetheless, she didn't speak. It was true after all, she had learned her lesson... for a while at least. It wouldn't be a permanent thing as of any typical feline. Once Hannibal had finished talking, she took in those last few words and almost seemed to write them down in her mind. ...they just all end up the same she automatically knew what this meant. "But Hannibal," she began without hesitation. Her whiskers quivered just the slightest as the question began to fester at the tip of her tongue. "What type of feline could ever hold your attention long enough?" Obviously the white she-cat knew Hannibal would grow tired of her eventually. It was inevitable. She also knew she couldn't just change overnight to be that feline either. Not that she'd want to. Of course she once looked up this feline, but not now. Even this queen of deception wouldn't want to be quite the monster this cat had become over his lifespan. It was simply an innocent question. Perhaps it was a question many wanted to ask, but dared not to. "There won't be another feline like you unless you decide to pass your lineage down one day" she commented with a flick of his tail tip. Although the that statement made her scoff with amusement. Hannibal? Have kits? Nonsense. Of course it could never be out of love. Not for this cat at least. "Even speaking so, you already know how you tick so deciphering a feline similar to you wouldn't be hard," she half murmured, assuming what she was speaking was true enough for even Hannibal to agree on. Turning her attention away from the feline near her, she focused her depths on the clearing. More cats had entered it which brought her optics something new to stare upon.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL