View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: SkyClan Apprentices' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Cute toms, huh? The ginger tom took a minute to think about a good response to that. Honestly, he was already jealous that she'd think of someone besides him; but oh well, at some point he would be the first cat to come to mind. Still, the fact that she was a little nervous... or seemed to be... was enough for him. Perhaps he had come to mind after all. "Aww, how cute. Got anyone particular in mind that you're thinking of, Cherrypaw?" Foxpaw's voice was basically nothing but slick, silky-smooth, and undeniably flirtatious in that moment. Here was the thing - for most of his younger moons, he had been ridiculed for flirting. Now that he had a she cat who actually seemed more interested, he was going to push that as far as he could. And as hard as he could. He would push it and push it until it seemed that trying was pointless. At her question, Foxpaw had to think a little harder.

Any she cats he was interested in, or thought they were cute, huh? That was a tough question to answer. There were a lot of cute she cats around camp, and Foxpaw had flirted with numerous ones. But, at the same time, he didn't want to go too far into that, just in case he would lose the she cat's interest. And that was the last thing he wanted; a flirt always wanted to keep their target's attention. Surely Cherrypaw wasn't that easily annoyed though, right? "Oh, I keep my options open, I suppose. There are some great she cats, but - I have to say - most have nothing on you." The tom purred, his tail twitching lightly. So far, Cherrypaw had swallowed everything he had said, and that made him pretty thrilled. He was glad to have someone who seemed to actually like him. Like, really like him. How incredible was that?! "So no need to be jealous, love." The tom purred, almost getting up in an attempt to further impress the white feline.

She was definitely pretty, and she had a nice personality... that was a good thing about pretty she cats, not all of them were all stuck up. Though she did seem like a princess to him. She had the attitude to be one, and the beauty to be one. Not to mention the poise to be a princess as well, which impressed Foxpaw quite a bit. He didn't see very many truly regal looking she cats around. Good thing Cherrypaw hadn't walked away yet, maybe she thought he was attractive? If that were true, Foxpaw would be praising StarClan for at last giving him one she cat who thought his flirting amounted to something. A lot of she cats didn't. They thought he was weird. Cherrypaw might have laughed at him earlier, but now she seemed a little more flustered and Foxpaw was taking that as progress.
Foxpaw's moment of silence made Cherrypaw shift uncomfortably. I must've sounded seriously lame, she thought with a groan. Perhaps the older tom was only interested in talking to "popular" cats. The she-cat certainly was friendly, and she enjoyed making friends and spending her time with them, but she didn't consider herself popular. All the popular cats were always together and stayed together in groups. Cherrypaw never had that number of cats by her side at all times. She always thought that that was a good thing, however. She didn't want to be like every other cat. Cherrypaw was proud of who was (most of the time) and she didn't need any other cat to prove that. Though, another cat's approval of her always made her feel good.

A name? He wants a name? A little bit of panic began to bubble in the white cat's chest. She tried her hardest to suppress it by taking a big gulp, but that only made her cough. "No certain cat comes to mind," Cherrypaw told her companion, trying to sound as confident as she could. Her blue eyes began to roam the den, trying to look disinterested in what they were talking about. She wondered if she should have tried to manage a couple names of SkyClan toms to try and seem cooler to Foxpaw, but Cherrypaw didn't want to lie like that. It probably wouldn't get her anywhere anyways. With her luck, Foxpaw would know the tom that she named, or perhaps he'd ask to meet him, or ask about how they were getting along. Coming up with a believable lie good enough to pass by the older apprentice seemed impossible. "But I'm not sure I'd tell you even if I had a name. I wouldn't want to jinx my chances." A hint of amusement hung from the end of her sentence. Her tone was sweet, but should couldn't recreate the smoothness in Foxpaw's voice. She wondered if the ginger tom's tone and way of talking was natural, or if he'd grown into it.

Cherrypaw studied the tom's expression as she waited for an answer to her question. He seemed to be calculating his answer, though she wasn't quite sure why. What could he possibly have to hide? But the blue-eyed cat ignored her own observation. She'd probably imagined it. After all, her imagination often did get the best of her. Instead, the she-cat nodded her head and thought about her own answer. "We're both young, after all. No need to rush into any serious relationships." She meowed. "Right, Foxpaw?" Oddly enough, Cherrypaw didn't really like talking about other cats with Foxpaw. That confused her. The younger apprentice loved to talk and enjoyed her fair share of gossip every once in awhile. She liked knowing things about other cats. But, for whatever reason, Cherrypaw just didn't like topic of their current conversation. "Oh, I'm not jealous." The white cat mewed matter-of-factly. "Though, I do guess it's good to hear that I'm one of a kind." Purring, she smiled at the thought. Selfishly, she liked being singled out every once in awhile. Cherrypaw was beginning to feel like herself again. It seemed like her foul mood passed moons ago.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic