View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2024, 01:34 PM
Scuttling in the basement

Bump Policy: When the stars align (2 days, 1 if urgent)
My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: Stupid behavior and decisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBringer. View Post

Nightheart had been mistreated by Thunderclan his whole life. Squirrelflight made him fail his second assessment when he failed his first. He was pushed and shoved to be just like Firestar, his mother, Sparkpelt, even giving him the name of 'Flame' to 'honor' Firestar, even though he has a black pelt. Firestar left a huge pawprint in the clans, putting pressure onto little Flamekit/paw. His mother, Sparkpelt, fell into depression after her mate, Larksong died. So she never bonded with her son. But she did with Finchlight, his sister in exile during The Imposter's time. Becoming a warrior, Nightheart was named Flameheart, further pushing him into Firestar's shadow. But, he refused and took the name 'Nightheart'. His mother and grandmother, Sparkpelt and Squirrelflight were enraged by this. Later on, Nightheart is put to do every apprentice chore and treated like one. Squirrelflight even thinks it's funny how bad she's treating him. (She made a joke out of the fact he had to do the apprentice work on her orders) Later on, he snaps and spits facts at the clan about how bad they're treating him, so he leaves to Shadowclan to be with Sunbeam. AND GUESS WHAT?? He goes to the gathering as a Shadowclan cat, but not fully one, and his sister, Finchlight, tells him that the younger warriors have to work oh so hard because he's not there to do apprentice duties. Nightheart gets mad at that. It's a reasonable and realistic reaction. AND THEN- And then Nightheart goes through the three tasks to join Shadowclan, and PURPOSELY FAILS THE LAST ONE!! Just so he can go back to his horrid family and 'help'. THEN EVERYTHING IS JUST FINNNEEE. He's living with them and it's totally not like the entire clan has been treating him like fox-dung since he was a kit. And Nightheart is FINE WITH ALL OF THIS. I swear all of the cats are brainwashed to think that you must love your family unconditionally JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE YOUR FAMILY.
I THOUGHT THE EXACT THING. Although sparkpelt was suffering post-partum depression (I still agree 100% with you)

"Tomatoes are in the same family as some of the world's deadliest poisons. That just goes to show how rebellious tomatoes are."
"What about how the apple can fall far from the tree?"
"No, sometimes the tomato falls from the plant."

Ɛ> Toyhouse <3