Thread: Sunset Grove
View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2023, 03:41 PM
Taylor's Version

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Angelic

Default Re: Sunset Grove

Hawksprint

Hawksprint thought for a bit, then turned to her. "You should practice some more on that stalking and pounce, first. At the same time, I believe in trying and finding out, and learning from your mistakes" He decided after a short while. "I wasn't planning on letting you do actual hunting today but.." The tom paused, looking around him and sniffing the air. There was plenty of prey around here, he supposed it couldn't hurt to practice on actual prey. She had gotten the crouch down pretty good, and well.. the pounce could use a little work but what better way was it to learn that from her own mistakes? "Okay, we will do some hunting. But first, I'll demonstrate, okay?" He continued and then sniffed the air once more, this time focus on differentiating the different scents from one another and picking out a singular one. Vole. "Can you smell that scent? That's a vole" He informed her in a hushed voice and motioning with his paw in the direction of the vole. "It's important that we are quiet from now on. Try to use tail signals to the best of your ability, and make sure to follow mine. I'm sure you already know the most simple ones already, like stop, follow and get down" He explained and demonstrated the tail signals by first pointing his tail straight up, then doing a light flick with his tail over his back, and lastly flattening his tail.

After waiting to make sure that Cedarpaw had understood everything he had explained, he flicked his tail over his back and quietly snuck away in between the trees and ferns in the direction of the vole. Hawksprint soon spotted it, sitting near a bush, busy digging in the dirt. As soon as he spotted it he dropped down into a crouch, flattening his tail towards Cedarpaw, then slightly pointed it upwards, keeping it low enough as to not alert the prey but at the same time informing Cedarpaw to stay back and watch. He slowly crept forwards, his paws naturally placed down on the dirt and avoiding any leaves or twigs. At one point the vole stopped digging and stood up on its hind paws to sniff the air. The brown tabby froze mid-step, with one paw still in the air. He felt the breeze in his face, good, the wind was blowing towards him which meant the vole wouldn't be able to scent him. As soon as it went back to digging, Hawksprint piked up the stalking again and crept closer until he was a couple tail lengths away. He wiggled his hind legs slightly, as if he was winding up. Sparing a second to judge the distance, he pounced. With a quick leap he landed on top of the vole, delivering a swift and killing blow. Happy with his catch, Hawksprint dipped his head and thanked StarClan for his catch, before quickly digging a hole underneath the bush to store his vole while Cedarpaw hunted. Once done, he padded over to her and sat down.

"And that's how it'd done. Any questions? If not, I want you to try and pick out a scent and follow it.. and if you're able to, try and catch it" He spoke quietly.

[ @Froggy ] (sorry for this overly detailed hunting post, just tryna make it easy for Cedarpaw to learn from Hawksprint by seeing exactly how and what he's doing)

don't hesitate to bump me after 24 hours if I haven't replied!

have a great day everyone

check out my character bio!
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=61464