View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2017, 09:19 AM

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
Willowpaw's chest swelled with pride, but that abruptly stopped as Nightshade informed her of the changing borders. Realizing she was right, Willowpaw frowned. Although borders must stay consistant, they had to change. It wouldn't be likely that a patrol would hit the mark approximately every time. As the black molly gracefully turned and padded away, Willowpaw followed, keeping her ears pricked for further instruction. As she was back at her mentor's side, the green eyed apprentice blinked at Nightshade's statement. ThunderClan and WindClan? Isn't that a bit dangerous? We could get hurt, she thought with a sharp inhale. She could just see the flash of claws and the snapping of teeth. A chill ran from her ear tips to her tail tip. She had no clue how to fight. Would it come as instinct if it came to that? Or would she fail miserably and suffer the consequences? Her gait became a bit clumsy and stiff with the thought. However much she wanted to rid of the image, she couldn't. It stuck with her until the trees began to thin. Willowpaw then looked up. Awestruck, she examined the view. The hills were a pale green, turning yellow and brittle from the upcoming leaf-bare, with bits of purple heather here and there. The scent was fresh and sweet, and scattered scents of rabbit joined in. "Wow," she breathed. Willowpaw acknowleged Nightshade's monotone encouraging with an ear flick, and took a big sniff. The scent of the border was very much the same as the rising and falling territory, but much stronger. The scent mingled with ShadowClan's own. The difference was great, but it was kind of harder to distinguish it. RiverClan and ShadowClan were easy since she had lived in both for a long time. Willowpaw drew back, and faced her mentor. "WindClan has more of a sweet, airy scent? And ShadowClan has the same marshy scent as always. Er.. am I right?"
Nightshade observed her apprentice for a moment, watching her reaction to visiting the WindClan and ThunderClan borders. She arched her brow slightly, seeing her stumble and lose her grace for a moment while looking fearful. "Don't let your posture and expression display your fear for all the world to see." She advised Willowpaw. The molly knew that this was only their first training session together, but she did expect great things from her apprentice. Perhaps even to one day become a leader, even. 'Willowstar...' She considered, humming to herself. 'It does have a nice ring to it.' She didn't allow her eyes to betray what she was thinking, looking cold and calm as per usual. She spared a glance at her apprentice, watching her amazement at the rolling hills and beautiful plains. "Yes, it does have a certain charm to it I suppose." She muttered, waiting for Willowpaw to answer her question. Upon hearing her answer, Nightshade once more arched her brow and looked down towards the young apprentice. "A sweet, airy scent?" She questioned, not sounding condescending or annoyed by the answer at all. "Not quite, Willowpaw." She took a seat. "I want you to close your eyes for a moment. Don't open them until I say so." She waited for Willowpaw to do so before taking a seat. "That scent you've identified as 'sweet and airy' is the scent of the plains, a beautiful blend of sagebrush and sweet heather." She explained calmly. "The WindClan scent is similar to it, but with a very distinct scent of a rabbit." She finished, quite peeved that she had to explain smells to her young apprentice. It was the less glamorous part of being a mentor, of course- at least to Nightshade. She stretched out. "You may open your eyes now. I trust you can identify the scent now?"