View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2018, 03:35 PM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: Monthly Kudos Changes

The thing is... a lot of popular people on this site do have interesting cats. In fact, the only reason they are popular is because of their ability to roleplay - people love roleplaying with others who are really good at it, hence why people become popular (since this is a roleplay site). But it doesn't mean they are voted because they are popular, there is a good chance of it's just a coincidence. I doubt so many people on this site are so shallow, despite what the staff and some other members may believe.

There aren't actually a lot of HRs that won... sure at first the winners happened to be HRs, but then there was a long streak were there weren't any winning. Recently there had been a few who had won, but the last couple weren't (for COTM). It's a bit unfair on the roleplayers of the HR to hold it against them since they couldn't vote for themselves, and also blame the members for voting for HRs when it's clear that HRs aren't the only winners and there is a good amount of people who have won that aren't a roleplayer of a HR.

I always voted for people that deserved it, whether or not they happened to be 'popular'. And I've seen many people do the same. It's a bit harsh to claim that everyone on the site is so shallow that they only vote for people that could be considered 'popular'... especially given that there are people who voted for who they believe deserved it.

Like I said, my main problem is that not everybody gets a say and vote for who they want just because somebody else also believes that person should win.

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

Last edited by Hexict; January 6th, 2018 at 03:39 PM.