View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2018, 03:04 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Monthly Kudos Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfall View Post
Monthly Kudos has gotten quite inactive [I myself haven't been voting recently] which is really sad to see, but I believe it's mainly because people are getting fairly busy, school and collage and more stuff like that are taking up quite a bit of the member's time.

Honestly I believe this is a lovely idea, toning it down a tad makes it easier to bring in more people, especially those who have just joined the site And the recent change of rules has really made it equal. Though both sides are correct, this just makes it more, oh dear, how do I put this? Well, it makes it even more fair and fun.

Yes, people would vote for 'popular' members and less known members, it was really the people who had time on their hands, they were the majority of the voters. Not a whole lot of the members could state that they both stalked a roleplay post for post and watched their vote interact with multiple different characters. While other's would vote for their friend and or vote for the person they're roleplaying with other's would stalk and go over each and every little detail about the character they voted for.

Other's would just spot a character they know and vote for them, this both makes it equal for everyone and encourages newer members to join the voting process by giving them less to do [haha gosh that sounds lazy]

But that's just my opinion, figured I would say something as well
in all honestly, it's been fairly inactive for a long time. a lot of the attention the threads got in the past were 'i second this!' and i wouldn't count that as activity because they weren't adding anything new to the thread. repeatedly, the same users were voted for over and over again. prior to the update, it was rare to see a user not on the sidebar be nominated for MK.

we even had users publicly come out to say they didn't like the changes because they couldn't just vote up the characters and roleplayers they knew (high ranks.) they didn't want to participate anymore.

Quote:
It's no longer a vote that all the members can get involved with since they may wish to vote for someone who was already selected, so now they can't vote - since it's OTM, people shouldn't be reduced to voting for their second favorite or further down the list, but rather who was their favorite of that month. People may feel like there's no use to voting because of this, which I know I do....
@Hexict

you don't think it's a bit ridiculous you don't want to vote for your lesser favorites simply because your first was already nominated..? were they not good enough they don't deserve even a chance at being recognized?

if your initial candidate was taken, you should keep an eye out for others. there's thousands of characters on this site and you shouldn't limit your search to just one because they're the only one that's caught your attention thus far.

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules