View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2016, 06:09 PM
help i'm lost

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
{Omg these two are going to be so cute x.x }
To say in the least, the calico tom was incredibly surprised when he opened his eyes to see Marigoldrise just smiling such a beautiful, brilliant smile at him, his heart feeling as if it stopped, his breath catching in his throat, his body freezing solid as she leaned forward and briefly touched her nose to his, his incessant trembling stopping for the briefest of moments when their noses touched. It seemed as if the world stopped as his gaze focused on her. And for a second.. He wasn't paranoid, or scared, or anxious. He was completely at peace looking at the beautiful tabby that was touching noses with him. It was a beautiful moment for Rookpatch, one that he would store away in his brain for the remainder of his life, a memory that would stay with him even when he made his way to Starclan. But a moment like that couldn't last forever, not even Starclan could do that for him, and so time resumed and he blinked, the female drawing her head away and asking a question, leaning her head down to grasp the piece of prey. Wordlessly he drifted after her, not keeping too close, scared that he may come off as creepy or that he'd upset her in some sort of way, but most certainly not keeping too far, no.. This warrior gave off an air of comfort that really he got from no other cat besides his closest of friends, Blazingstorm. But he's known Blazingstorm for a while, he's just met this she-cat. After Marigoldrise settled down, he settled down as well, keeping a small distance between them, unsure if she'd be comfortable with a weird tom such as him anywhere near her, his paws tucking themselves beneath him and his skinny tail curling to his side, his eyes cautiously looking at her before looking at the rabbit and then looking right back at her as she began to speak, a small sheepish smile appearing on his muzzle as she complimented his catch, dipping his head in a bashful manner and glancing away before looking right back at her as she began to ramble on and on and on.. But.. He didn't mind. Normally it would have made him feel bad, made him nervous or some other negative feeling, but no, all he could feel was admiration and a small, vague feeling of.. Happiness. The words tumbled out of her mouth like a lovely flowing river of honey, it was like the most beautiful of bird song for his ears and he didn't want her to stop. He could have listened to her for an eternity and never would have gotten tired of her speaking, of her voice, or her. Cautiously he leaned his head forward to begin plucking fur off of the rabbit, nodding his head slightly, eyes focused on her completely, not glancing away as he did with many other cats, if not all other cats. When she stopped and apologized for her rambling, he immediately shook his head. "N-Nuh-Nuh-Nnoo. No. K-Keeep.. No okay. You're o-okay. Ke-Ke-Keep tuh-tuh-taalking.." There was a pause before he quickly tried to add, "Pl-Pluh-Please?" With that he added a sheepish smile, his paws shifting beneath him.
Surprise washed over her as this tom seemed to enjoy her rambling. Most cats hated it, and that was why she had turned into the usual 'silently watching' type of cat, who only really went on and on with those she was comfortable with... Wait, I don't know this tom at all and he makes me so comfortable... That's never happened. This realization hit her hard and she was silent a moment before she smiled again at the tom, watching him start on the rabbit. "Oh, well... What is there to talk about? Oh! How about our favorites? My favorite color is green, and not like a bright or forest green, but pale... like your eyes..." She drew off, staring into his eyes for a moment. "Their beautiful." she had muttered under her breath, unaware the words were spoken, before continuing. "My favorite prey is mouse, but we don't get them often here. My favorite animal is badger, even though they could easily kill me... Let's see... Oh! My favorite landmark is probably that one boulder not far from camp. It's amazing to just stand on top of it. You can see the whole world!" Theboulder seemed to really brighten her up, bringing a wide smile and happy eyes as she looked over at Rookpatch. "I'd be interesting in learning your favorites, Rookpatch. But you don't have to tell me. I can figure them out, I'm very observant. Wait! Unless you want to tell me, then you can. I don't mind. You have a lovely voice, and I always want to know what you are going to say." She paused a moment, as if giving him a chance to speak but then she decided that there was more to say. "My favorite lounging place is here, this is sacred Marigoldrise ground that we are resting on, now. And, also, my favorite clan is ThunderClan, as I've always felt more like a ThunderClan cat, but I would never trade my WindClan life to be in another clan. I was born and raised her, so no matter how I'm built I belong in WindClan. Besides, if I weren't here, I'd never get to meet you... or Driftstream, or anyone else!" SHe was going to cut off at 'meet you' but realized that might be weird and quickly added on. Now she decided to fall silent and gaze upon the tom, tilting her head to the side and waiting patiently.