View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2023, 11:41 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Moonfall Lake

Cindersky
She/her | Formerly ThunderClan | No purrks
There were a lot of things that Cindersky had imagined doing the next time she laid eyes on Bumblestar. Hug her and fuss over her were at the top of the list. Whack her over the ears for not taking care of herself like she needed to. Tell her how proud she was. But none of those things came. What did was a small, hollow ache in her heart at the stony mask she wore. It was expected, sure, but it still made her breath hitch in her throat.

"That last gathering was quite the spectacle," the silver bengal began, rising to her paws as her whiskers twitched in thinly veiled amusement. Perhaps keeping thing as light as she could was for the best. The last thing she wanted was to place unnecessary stress on the ThunderClan leader. After all, she was here to offer some words of wisdom for Bumblestar. A proper reunion - if the she-cat ever desired one - could be done at a later time. "And even though we have had our differences, I would hate to see Spiderthroat loose his head anytime soon. Especially to WindClan." Cowards, the whole lot of them. Whatever had happened to the once noble and honorable Clan, she was not sure.

Looking up to the sky briefly, Cindersky took a moment to breathe in. She could feel it, rising up her throat, but immediately shoved it back down. Now was not the time. "The issues both ThunderClan and WindClan face are more similar than you realize. There is a darkness that infects you both." The bengal lowered her gaze to look at Bumblestar once more, now tinted with a bit of urgency. "I know you do not plan to lose anymore ThunderClan lives over this. Perhaps there is something else you could offer Twilightstar that will... appease her fallacious demands."

Just as she finished speaking the winds picked up, swaying the grass that lingered on the edges of the lake. Flashes of something yellow as the grass parts just barely. A sweet, flowery scent wafted around them before the breeze went still and the grass fell back into place.

Soon it would be time for the ThunderClan leader to wake up. Though her throat burned with words she could say, Cindersky only nodded, a light smile present on her maw. In her eyes there was a flash, a longing, but it was concealed quickly. "Get some rest, Bumblestar. Tomorrow is a new day." And with that, the starry landscape began to fade to black, leaving the bengal watching the ThunderClan leader with an unreadable expression.

[ @dino. i hope this is what you were hoping for, let me know if i need to edit anything! ]