View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2016, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Why we SHOULDN'T be Rioting Against Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raywood View Post
Hi, I'll start off by noting violence is never the answer. So if this is a protest against violence, I am wholeheartedly with you on that one. That said...

That's not quite how the Electoral College works. They vote on December 19th and while I agree the chances of a different president are slim, that will ultimately be decided when the Electors actually vote.

Twenty-four of the fifty states legally bind the Electors to vote representing how the state voted. If they go against this, a minimal fine is to be paid. To my understanding, there's no further consequence than this, meaning it could very well happen.

I'm not sure where you're getting this information.

Although it's up to you how you define a "very successful business [person]" -- my personal take on it would be someone who hasn't filed for bankruptcy several times. (If you'd like a source, I can provide a couple, but a quick Google search can give you more results than what I can compile.)

Final thought: I'm not here to say protesting is right or wrong. Just clarifying how the system functions and adding my two cents on financial endeavors.
Thank you for your contribution! I love seeing other's opinions. Thank you for clarifying on how the Electoral College works; I didn't really know much about it.