View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2017, 10:54 AM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

@fenic!

Ears flicked slightly at his words. The molly turned her head to look towards the side of Russetstar. She wasn't entirely sure what to really say to him about everything that has been happening lately. It seemed like Starclan was really testing Riverclan. Why did they have to lose a deputy right now? She fluffed out her pelt as she thought about the rising tensions that grew in the other clans. Skyclan had recently fought the Dusk Syndicate, and Thunderclan and Windclan seemed to be testing each other and waiting for a battle to start up. It seemed that the dangerous waters that were the Evil Era were frozen over, yet everyone now tred that thin ice and risked falling into more violence. Why could they just relax? Had there not been enough fighting already? Enough innocent cats killed? Although she did have a secret love for fighting - a love that made her fear herself a bit - she still found the clans mouse-brained to fight so thoughtlessly.

But she also found his words to be a bit... insensitive. Perhaps it had simply been the way he put it, but she believed he should say something along the lines of "it's saddening that things are turning out this way" instead of stating that he was simply disappointed with the outcome. She was sure that he friend hadn't meant for it to come across in such a way. Mistfall viewed her friend as kind and he seemed to know others - something that she lacked. The warrior shrugged away her thoughts and blinked as Russetstar as he continued, pulling her from her current thoughts.

Shifting awkwardly, Mistfall wasn't sure how to respond to his reasoning on choosing Fallenstream. If you really need a new perspective, then I'm sure that Starclan wouldn't have chosen you themselves, she retorted silently. "I'm glad that you have some faith in Fallenstream," the warrior mewed, faking a content voice. She so far was not a fan of the new deputy and didn't understand why Russetstar believes that he needed a new perspective - and one like Fallenstream's!? The dark tom seemed to hate anyone with power, so what was there to gain by giving him some? Maybe he won't abuse his power due to his beliefs, but there are plenty of cats that are loyal and good. White tail unintentionally flicked as she silently questioned her leader's decisions. The grey warrior was sure that Fallenstream was one of the least eligible cats within the clan to succeed Blackgaze, and she wasn't sure he would be able to handle leadership due to his hate for those with power. Though the reason she mostly stayed silent, was so she didn't cause the spotted tom to question himself too.

It was a terrible thing to doubt yourself and worry about the decisions you've made - and Mist knew that all too well.

"I'm not particularly close to Cricketpaw, but I would trust Geckoleaf with my life and I'm sure that she's mentor Cricketpaw to the best of her abilities," Mistfall relaxed slightly as she thought about Geckoleaf. Though the two hadn't been friends for too long, they did seem to form a strong friendship. Mistfall had become almost like a sister to the medicine cat and would gladly become the tabby's shoulder to cry on if she ever needed one. Since she trusted Geckoleaf, she also found herself trusting her apprentice. The medicine cat seemed to care for the young molly and seemed to have hope for her in the future. Mistfall wondered if Cricketpaw would be as good as Geckoleaf. She seemed to return to an uncomfortable statue as she thought about the clan without Geckoleaf, and wished her friend would be able to be their medicine cat for many more moons to come.

Blushing slightly as he began to question her about how his other daughter's training is coming along. "We have had little time to train," she embarrassedly admitted. "I do wish to get around to train her soon," she quickly added. The molly never had an apprentice before, and was honored that Russestar had trusted her with his daughter despite her young age age and inexperience training other cats. She hoped that she could prove herself to him and train Rabbitpaw to become a great warrior. Though she had come conflicting mentors in her own past and didn't want to mess the young molly up. Mistfall gave a smile at his offer to speak to Rabbitpaw if she was ever causing any trouble. "I must thank you for the offer, Russetstar, but no thanks. This is my first apprentice, and I must learn how to be in charge of someone on my own or else I won't truly be able to learn," calmly pointing that out, the warrior hoped that he understood and didn't take any offense since none was intended. Besides, she knew she would have to

Even now... my thought are consumed by the ambition and hopes for power.... She found herself disappointed that she was still thinking of such things.

Questions formed in her head, but they didn't seem appropriate to ask. She wished to ask about how the tensions with Windclan and Thunderclan were, about how bad it had become and where they were now on the subject. She wanted to ask about how Whisperblaze was. Ask about how he believed that clan was doing with Fallenstream as their deputy, whether the clan was pleased with the choice or not. But Mistfall was sure that any of those would just bring him to more stressful thoughts and she wished to avoid causing him stress. He needed to relax, and she wanted to simply have a conversation with him. After a moment of allowing a short awkward silence to fall between them, the molly decided to speak more about Rabbitpaw. "Can you tell me more about Rabbitpaw? I would like a heads-up before we get into some training. You've already informed me that she can be an excited molly," she believed that this was a safe subject to talk about. Something that could help Russetstar avoid stress for the moment.

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

Last edited by Hexict; June 14th, 2017 at 07:58 AM.