View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2017, 04:20 PM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maplefur View Post
Maplefur smiled back at Apurva, trying her best to keep the limp out of her walk, and to push forwards as fast as she could. She didn't want to be the reason for them not having enough time there. It always felt as if the time there flew by anyways, without her slowing them down.

"No, it doesn't," the molly agreed, scrunching her nose as a flake landed on it. "Well, at least it makes everything look pretty, though I could go without it chasing all the prey into their dens." She glanced down at their paws, hoping there wasn't a burrow in their path. "Oh, we'll have to watch ourselves. Don't want to fall and sprain a leg." Then you'd have two useless legs, she thought to herself.

"It's strange how it makes everything so quiet, though." She added on. The snow always muffled the sound, made it so that the territory was enveloped in silence. Nothing was heard, and birds weren't even calling out. It was strange, yes, but also added to the pretty effect of it all. "There's not a single piece of prey out."

Maplefur stayed quiet for a moment afterwards, though soon curiosity made her speak again. "So, how was your first night in Thunderclan?" She asked Apurva, turning her head to look at the other molly as they walked. "I know my first night I didn't get a wink of sleep." All the new sounds, and new cats, had made her stay up. Not to mention she had still been haunted by the events of her travels prior to finding the clan.
Apurva nodded. It was her second leaf-bare technically, but she'd been too young to go outside, and she'd been born after all the snow was almost gone,she she barely remembered it. She noticed that Maplefur was limping still, and she very subtly slowed her pace without it looking like she'd done a thing. Apurva knew that wounds took time to heal, and if Maplefur walked to quickly, it would only lengthen the amount of time before she was better.

“Okay. she meowed, a bit louder than usual in order to be heard above a sudden gust of wind that made snow fall off the branches of the trees that arched high above their heads. She stopped, her moth open to say something else when snow fell on to her back, and she jumped, for a moment thinking she'd been ambushed by something.

Then, as she realized it was snow, her shock turned into embarrassment, and the calico broke out into a bought of laughter, her eyes half closed but gleaming with amusement. “I knew it was snow the whole time.” Apurva joked once she'd stopped laughing and had shaken the snow off her back and shoulders where it'd landed. She made sure the teasingness was obvious in her voice though, and she had to hurry to catch up with Maplefur.

She looked around, her fear gone now. It wasn't so bad, in fact, she quite liked it if you ignored the cold. The young molly paused, looking up and letting a puff of breath escape her maw, and watched as a cloud of mist formed in front of her, then quickly disappeared. It must be really cold. She thought, shivering just at the very thought. She blinked, then matched her pace with the of Maplefur's, though her belly fur brushed against the snow, and made it get caked with ice.