View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2018, 09:37 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Grousestar had to avert his gaze from the medicine cat as he too caught his sudden burst of defensiveness, his eyes closing and his teeth clenching together momentarily. Taking a slow, deep breath in, he would then slowly exhale before opening his eyes again and relaxing his tensed body, ready to look back at Shinefang. "I'm sorry.. I just. I don't want anyone to think I'm throwing caution to the wind because of this decision. I don't want the clan to think I'm not being cautious and thinking of their safety, because I am. I'm being as cautious and thoughtful as I can be in this time of tension." He tried to explain himself, gaze dropping back to the floor of his den.
Of course he would look back at the older tom as he mentioned herbs for his nerves. Am I really getting that bad? To where I need herbs just to calm my nerves? His mind questioned dully, words not coming to his mouth quite yet.
Shifting in his nest, the leader would look away again, dwelling on the question whether or not he wanted herbs to deal with this. What would the clan think if they saw him taking herbs for stress? To calm down? Would panic set in? Would they think him weak?
"Only... Only if no other cat can see it." Meowed Grousestar quietly, shame evident in his voice.

The medicine cat waited as the leader thought over the offer. At last, the younger tom agreed, reluctantly, and asked that it be kept secret. With a solemn nod Shinefang slipped out into the still and silent clearing, fetched what he wanted, and returned. Gingerly, he placed three small yellow bulb-shaped plants on the ground in front of Grousestar. The small white petals had shriveled some time ago. “Chamomile,” he said softly. “It’s in the traveling herb mixture. It soothes and calms the mind. Plus, it’s good for digestion.” He gave a small, reassurancing smile, then slowly, he went to Grousestar’s side and set the tip of his tail gently on the younger tom’s back. “In case you’re tempted to think yourself weak for taking these, you’re not. You carry the fate of the clan on your shoulders. It’s a heavy burden. One no cat in their right mind would envy. Least of all now. But you’ve led this clan through more difficult days than this. You can do it again. There’s nothing wrong with taking the help others can offer to that end.”