View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2019, 07:09 AM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: RiverClan's Betrayal

[ @Dipper ]

Meeting the younger cat's gaze, Mirepaw listened as Fawnpaw confessed that they had no clue what was going on or what had caused it. The white tom nervously glance around. He wasn't sure if anyone would attempt to attack them if they were just standing there. Though he turned back at Fawnpaw's suggestion of it being a coup. "I-I don't know what this is. But... with the lack of any outside threat, I would say that a coup is the best possibility." It wasn't that Mirepaw couldn't understand why their clan-mates would be upset with Fallenstar, he could see their point of view, but that didn't mean that he agreed with them. The tom felt as though it was wrong to use force like this just because you're upset. They should have just talked this out! Sure, Fallenstar might not listen. He's probably still upset about the peacemakers. But if the clan just sat him down and talked, then this could have gone a lot better. They didn't have to fight their clan-mates - their family and friends, people most of them have known their whole life - when all they had to do was explain what was going on.

"If they're trying to take over, they're going about this all wrong." It annoyed him that they would do something like this.

For a moment, he debated on jumping into the battle. He did not know which side was which but he planned on figuring it out. The tom wanted to help his clan. He honestly wasn't sure if the clan could be better off without Fallenstar, but this was all wrong and was not going to support these deceiving and underhanded actions. Before he could make a move though, Mirepaw felt something pressing against his flank. Turning, his pale gaze landed on a terrified Fawnpaw, trying to hide from the fight. He quickly realized something: i can't leave her. Of course he wasn't too surprised that Fawnpaw was scared, he was scared himself, but he hadn't realized just how scared his companion was. He reminded himself that the brown apprentice had not been training for long, only being about seven moons. Not to mention that his mentor is neglectful of his duties and most likely did not get around to training Fawnpaw how to fight. Mirepaw quickly decided that he should focus on getting Fawnpaw to safety rather than jumping into the fight blindly.

"We should get out of here," though he said it out loud, it was mostly to himself, and the words were nearly lost in the sound of battle. His gaze scanned the area, trying to find gaps in the crowd that they could try to slip through without being dragged in the fight. We could go to one of the dens or head out to the territory. The muscular apprentice stood his ground next to the much smaller feline in a protective stance as he tried to figure out where to go and how to get there. A den would be the easiest and quickest option. We could stick to the edge of the clearing and slip into the closest den. But what if somebody followed us in? Then we would be trapped and forced to fight anyway. I'm not sure I can take on a warrior, plus, I haven't had any battle experience yet. And I'm even less sure of Fawnpaw's ability to fight.... She probably never got the chance to train and she seems to scared to be able to fight off our clan-mates. He then moved on to searching out the camp entrance. The territory would be more difficult to reach. It's further from us than some of the dens and even if we're careful we still risk being spotted the longer that we're out here. But if we are able to escape to the territory, then we won't be trapped and we would more likely be able to avoid a fight. Both options had their pros and cons. "We cannot fight without knowing which side is which," he raised his voice to make sure that Fawnpaw could hear it now. He was trying to offer an excuse for the younger tom's refusal to fight in the battle. Though it wasn't completely untrue. "Make a decision quick, the one that feels the most right and safest to you: try to duck into one of the dens or try to escape to the territory?"

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛