View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2018, 09:50 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: StarClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
"Huh," Shinefang replied shortly. It was just a little surreal to be receiving directions on how to handle herbs from a dead cat, but if it helped with his joints, he'd try just about anything. "Alright then. I'll try that. My joints seem to be getting worse as the weather gets colder. I was starting to think by the time leafbare hit, I'd be pretty useless. Thanks," Shinefang may have been a proud cat, but he'd give credit where it was due.

A major issue in his life now resolved, Shinefang looked around a little awkwardly. "So uh... anything else?" he asked "I'm still new to this whole, dead cats talking to me in my sleep thing. Is there a part now where you tell me some vague nonsense that's gonna turn out to mean something deep later or give advice about how Skyclan should handle this Thunderclan and Windclan idiocy?" he asked, his tail twitching with some curiosity. "I obviously have my own opinions regarding all of that, but I did make a promise to my leader to share anything advice or wisdom or whatever you you shared with me," he said, shrugging as explained. Shinefang himself put very little stock in the words of Starclan cats, or whatever this Thunderhowl character claimed to be, but he respected Grousestar and planned to keep his word to him. He had sworn to do the duty of a medicine cat as he served Skyclan, and part of that duty. This was one of them.
"No," the golden spirit responded, in a rather matter-of-factly manner. "My advice for the war is to do what Grousestar thinks is best for SkyClan. It is not my duty to say whether getting involved or not is the path you should take." Ideally, he wanted to stay out of that mess as much as possible. The StarClan cats should to. They had no reason to poke their nose in the business of the living.

"I'll let you go now. I don't like keeping others here longer than necessary, and I'm sure that head o' yours can handle discussing SkyClan's future with your leader without your ancestors guiding your paw. Good luck, Shinefang." With everything. Thunderhowl didn't think it'd be easy to serve the Clan as a new medicine cat at Shinefang's age, but he figured if anyone could do it it'd be a battle-hardened veteran.

The former ShadowClan tom began to fade, growing transparent until the shape of his body melted into the ground of the dream-landscape.

wolfhive