View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2017, 10:40 PM

Default Re: ♡ Valentine ♡ (Roleplay Thread)

Valentine flinched at Pippa's cold words, biting down on his tongue to let her speak. He tried for a cheerful smile, but it came off as more of a watered down, sad, soft, small smile. "I needed some time. You were the only cat I have had a litter with and, well..." He grimaced, shaking his head. If cats could cry (which they couldn't) he surely would be in that moment. He felt immense regret for not staying by Pippa's side. He had run away like a coward rather than suck it up and be there for his grieving mate. He vaguely heard Miracle speak and his eyes widened a little, surprise flickering from deep within his red pools. He looked down at the kit incredulously, faintly shocked. "Why would I ever do that?" He asked, his voice choked up with dismay. "I would never do such a thing, little Miracle. Your mother raised you; it wouldn't be right to separate you two, even if I wanted to." He blinked. "Which, which I don't ever want to and never will." He added on hurriedly, groaning inwardly at his unability to speak coherently. Valentine shook his head before gesturing to the rabbit and flicking his ears back, folding them flat against his head. "I brought this rabbit for you." He said softly, looking into Pippa's eyes. "I know it doesn't make up for what I did. I should have been there for you, but I ran away like the coward I am. I spent this last moon trying to pull myself back together for you, darling. I never saw any of the others, not even Nightmare. I shouldn't have left you alone and I just couldn't stop thinking about it this entire time. I promise that I'll be a better mate to you, and I'll be a father for Miracle if you would have me back." His eyes shimmered sadly, the albino Tom not moving from where he stood, gazing at Pippa.

Valentine looked down at Miracle- his darling little Miracle that he never saw take her first steps, or hear her first words, or even be there for her. He looked at her, with regret and love shimmering deep within his gaze. "I'm sorry, Miracle." He said softly, not moving forward to nuzzle her or swoop her up in his tail in a tight embrace. Valentine would wait for her to be ready. For Pippa to be ready. He would wait for them forever if he had to. "I'm sorry for hurting your mother by not being there for you both. I'm sorry for not being there to raise you, and care for you. To watch you grow, take your first steps, speak your first words. See you catch your first bug, or watch you play in the clearing." He inhaled sharply and shook his head. Apologies wouldn't be enough, would they? He let out a soft groan of frustration, kicking at the ground softly with one of his paws. He messed up quite a bit this time, didn't he? He grimaced and looked back over his shoulder, contemplating if he should just leave them like Miracle wanted. He tensed up and looked back at Pippa, not yet turning to leave unless she wanted him to. I'll be a better mate. I'll be a better father. I won't leave you again, Pippa, I promise. Just please... take me back.

@Lonestar23 @Mystical