View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2018, 06:50 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Blue Wishes:. View Post

Goldenstar padded next to Nightpaw until they reached a good clearing, then he stopped. “First, we’ll test hunting,” He said. “I’ll be watching you while you hunt, however, I’ll be hiding.” He said, beginning to lay out what he wanted to do with Nightpaw. “Then we’ll transition to the battle assesment.” he finished, smiling at the apprentince. “Good luck,” He said, before backing away, leaving Nightpaw to decide what she wanted to do.
As her mentor disappeared into the shadows, and the young shecat found herself alone, she took a breath to steady her wits. Alright, Nightpaw. Nothing to this. It's just hunting, she said to herself. Thinking over where to go, Nightpaw gave the air a sniff. It was hard to find prey scent on the cold air, so that wouldn't do her much good until she was closer to something. Keeping her pawsteps light and her tail low, she wandered for a moment before her paws started to carry her closer to the Thunderclan border. There was groves of beech trees not far from there where nuts would sometimes temp prey out for a small meal. Goldenstar had showed it to her not long after she had started training. She couldn't help but think of the battle that had gone on in Thunderclan. Nightpaw hadn't been there since Goldenstar had only taken warriors. She had been secretly grateful for that. The first battle Nightpaw had been a part of had been an ambush by the Dusk syndicate, and she had had no fighting training and had been caught completely off guard. Her fighting skills had improved since then, thanks to Goldenstar along with some lessons from Daydream. But even so, she didn't like it. It was something she'd do if she had to. The fighting part of the assessment was what worried her. Hunting? That was easier. As she arrived in the grove, she crept silently into the shadow of a tall tree, her black pelt helping her blend into the dark space, and she waited with her ears perks and her mouth open as she waited to scent or hear something.

Last edited by Charmer; January 21st, 2018 at 06:54 PM.