Thread: New Beginnings
View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2017, 07:29 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: New Beginnings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myik View Post

The tom was right about one thing. She was tired, extremely tired. Shadow had stayed up night after night when cats began leaving. Including her friend Mercury. Who she had... some feelings for. Shadow yawned, flicking her tail as she looked up at the trees. She found one with a nice hollow in it. It would be getting cold soon. Shadow hoped their heat would be enough. "Up here!" She mewed. The tortoiseshell lowered herself down, looking up at a low branch. "All you do is focus, climb up the trunk and go from there. Watch." She mewed. Shadow unsheathe her claws, jumping as she gripped the bark. Her blue eyes looking at the branches as she climbed to the lowest one. "You try."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleka View Post
( that moment you realize you don't really know how to jumpi in )

Mercury sniffed the ground timidly, his tail flicking. This was quite... an unusual characteristic for the tom. He seemed to usually be stuck in his prideful ways most of the time, although it seemed this had kind of eased recently. Not to mention how the Egyptian Mau was quite exhausted. Before the Dusk Syndicate was even destroyed, his family had left, living in a group before the tom had left. There were two reasons for that: one, the place was running out of prey, and two, he had promised to meet with Shadow, before the night he and his sisters had left.
So, he had started going back in the direction of the Syndicate's abandoned camp, then left again, trying to track down the molly's scent, which was kind of hard since this wasn't the exact thing he was good at.
It took him a few more minutes, but he could scent the tortoiseshell, which was a stronger scent, causing the feline to brake into an excited sprint. He stopped short, seeing her climb the tree. He was to her back- so it would at least be a few more moments before she noticed him. What was he supposed to say exactly? He hadn't been planning out this grandiose speech for her exactly.

@Myik @Duskflight
Icarius had his attention elsewhere at the moment, not even looking for specific trees anymore, just kind of taking in the area around them. It was still fairly forested, but not as much as the territory of the fallen Syndicate. There were bushes and other shrubs here and there, yellowing grass and plenty of leaves and pine needles on the ground. Those could probably be nice to sleep on, if we take them up into a tree! Wait no, I don't want to do that. We can probably take some leaves from the tree to make a nice comfy bedding!
Quickly shaking his head, his ears perked up as Shadow called out. The young tom's head turned just in time to see her crouch down and then climb up to one of the lower branches, explaining as she went. "You don't have to tell me Shadow, I've climbed like a ton of trees!"
That was a lie, he's never climbed a tree in his life. But he was quickly documenting what she said to try and put it to use so he didn't look bad when it was his turn to climb up. And he was about to begin his attempt when he heard a quiet patter of running paws and, well he didn't notice the scent right away, but he did smell them!
Bristling, Icarius made himself puff out and look at least a little bigger than he already was {which was fairly large for his age!}.
"Who are you!" With his back hunched up, he edged to the side, trying to get a look at who he smelled. In hindsight, it probably would have been best not to say anything and try to pin them first but.. He didn't really know that. Not yet anyways.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?