View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2018, 07:45 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl View Post

The feline blushed at the thought of Duskflight hunting for her and she froze for a moment, playing it out. Him hunting and coming back excited and padding up to her exclaiming how he got her her favorite food. A smile came to her maw and she immediately realized what she was doing and what she was supposed to be doing. She looked over at Duskflight wondering if he noticed. When he asked her if the spot was okay, she quickly blurted out." O-Oh yes! It's uhmm p-perfect." She gave him a small smile before settling herself down. She looked up at him, waiting for him to settle down next to her. The molly laid the prey in front of her.

"And uhmm I'd appreciate it. I-I'm not good at hunting them." She frowned. She was good at darting forward after a bunny and could easily wiggle her way into a bunny den to grab it, should it duck into it's home. But if there was one thing that Windcrest couldn't master, was jumping in the air to catch a bird in the case that it tried to fly off and she could never quite catch birds off guard. It frustrated her a bit but she tried to not let it bother her. A few warriors, Rosethorn, included would scoff at her and tell her she's not fit to be a WindClan warrior or a Clan cat at all if she can't even hunt simple birds.
{I feel like I say this every reply, but sorry for the lateness </3}

"Perfect huh?" He purred out happily, settling down upon the spot he had picked for the two of them to enjoy their meal; his blue eyes beamed joyfully at hearing her say that the spot was perfect. Of course she might have only said that because his words had broken her out of a daze, or caught her off guard, but regardless, he couldn't help but feel particularly happy that she liked the spot he had chosen. Duskflight had settled perhaps a mouse-tail length away from her, not so close that their fur brushed at the sides, but close enough so that it wasn't an awkwardly far distance between them. He himself laid his piece of prey between his paws, ready to dig in, but not beginning until she began to. Not wanting to seem like a ravenous loner or anything of the sort.

"Birds are kind of tricky, timing is everything and you need good judgement. But they are definitely one of the better tasting preys that Windclan has to offer, if you ask me." The tom mewed lightly. Duskflight was a pretty fast tom, a few moons back, before he left the clan, he was named as one of the fastest in Windclan. Of course he humbly declined the title, considering himself mediocre at best, but it was the truth. He wasn't the fastest now, he was still recovering from nearly starving to death, but perhaps one day he'll make it back up there. For now, he would just have to stick to his strategies instead of relying on just speed. He only hoped he wasn't an embarrassment for Windclan now.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?