Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2017, 07:16 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical View Post

"It's finally happening!"

Just because she had spent so much time in StarClan, didn't mean that Settingkit's behavior would differ from that of a normal kits. Especially since she had been chosen to give a leader his nine lives. She had been anxiously waiting in line the whole time, and as she approached Fallenstream she was bouncing with excitement. Many moons in StarClan did not make her as wise as many had hoped, and she still picked fights with cats younger than her, but not with ones older. Her mother had reminded her to be on her best behavior, but to Settingkit her best behavior was bouncing around and being optimistic, she was not a wise, mature kit. If she had lived, she would not have been either she assumed, for wasn't ones personality the same if they lived? But Settingkit had long ago accepted that she was dead, she would never live. There was one thing that had kept her happy in StarClan, and that was knowing that one day she would have the honor of doing what she was doing then.

She looked at the tom, much taller and fluffier than she, but no ideas of harm came to her. She had learned long ago that no one would hurt her in StarClan. Especially a cat about to become leader. She spoke in a small voice, much smaller than the two cats who had come before her. Her voice was small and high, but she payed no attention and spoke what she was supposed to. "Fallenstream, I give you the life of Forgiveness, use it well." She paused, pondering a small speech to add as the other cats had. "Forgiveness will help you in many ways, not all cats mean to do harm." She reached out her head, and just barely touched his nose. "Use this life to forgive cats who truly wish to be forgiven, many cats mean well." She felt the surge of the life she gave him and smiled, as she walked back into the cloud of cats her eyes blinking in excitement and the small bit of seriousness she held. "I trust you will lead RiverClan well."

"I did it."
The tom heard pawsteps and swiveled his head to see who the little pittering steps belonged to, and who he saw made his heart ache. It saddened him to see such a small kit within the ranks of Starclan, granted he knew that some were stillborn, starved to death, were snatched by birds, and just didn't survive the cold, it was the way of the world, but that didn't mean it hurt him any less. Fallenstream dipped his head and crouched, making it easier for Settingkit to reach him, it was also so that the ebony feline could hear her better. As she pressed her nose against his forehead he felt the surge of a life rush through his being, piercing and then melting into his soul. Fallenstream stood up and staggered backwards a little bit, not expecting such a strong force come from a little kit, he hadn't prepared himself for that life. As his pain began to ebb away he opened his, once before, tightly shut eyes and let out a pant. He would have never guessed that it would be so, exhausting.

@Lonestar23
[You're next, please post by 5 pm pacific time or else your ceremony will be put on hold and I will go to the next person.]

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us