Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2017, 09:57 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfall View Post
The tom heard pawsteps and swiveled his head to see who the little pittering steps belonged to, and who he saw made his heart ache. It saddened him to see such a small kit within the ranks of Starclan, granted he knew that some were stillborn, starved to death, were snatched by birds, and just didn't survive the cold, it was the way of the world, but that didn't mean it hurt him any less. Fallenstream dipped his head and crouched, making it easier for Settingkit to reach him, it was also so that the ebony feline could hear her better. As she pressed her nose against his forehead he felt the surge of a life rush through his being, piercing and then melting into his soul. Fallenstream stood up and staggered backwards a little bit, not expecting such a strong force come from a little kit, he hadn't prepared himself for that life. As his pain began to ebb away he opened his, once before, tightly shut eyes and let out a pant. He would have never guessed that it would be so, exhausting.

@Lonestar23
[You're next, please post by 5 pm pacific time or else your ceremony will be put on hold and I will go to the next person.]

A starry furred brown tom stepped foward next, his eyes filled with the wisdom and experience that came with being an older cat. Back in WindClan he had seemed frailer - here he was much stronger looking, and impressive looking as well. The sight of the soon to be RiverClan leader brought back so many regrets for Shrikecall. He remembered being the deputy of WindClan. Leading alongside Blazingstar, who he realized hadn't really needed the older cat's advice and guidance. No, what Blazingstar had needed was someone who could be more of a friend to him. Shrikecall wished he had realized this before. But he had gotten an experience that most warriors dreamed of, or wondered what it would be like, and now he knew for sure. Stepping foward to the black furred tom, Shrikecall's expression shifted just slightly to something that resembled a smile. He didn't smile often. And it was mainly around Heathertail, but now that she had disappeared, perhaps never to visit him in dreams again, he doubted he would be smiling much anymore.

"Greetings, Fallenstream. I am Shrikecall, the former deputy of WindClan." He didn't think this cat had been deputy at the time, as far as he could remember it had been Blackgaze. He'd never had the pleasure of meeting the she cat, so he couldn't say much on his personal opinion about her. "I give you the life of instincts. Use it well." He lowered his head, touching his nose to Fallenstream, waiting a minute or so before he pulled away. "Trust your instincts, Fallenstream. No matter what those around you say, ultimately you are the one who must decide what is right for you and your Clan." With those words, Shrikecall stepped away, a pleasant expression on his features.

There was no longer a smile, but he was gone from sight and it didn't matter anymore. There was another new leader in the Clans. They had gone through so much lately, Shrikecall wondered how long it would be before there would be peace and balance. The Clans seemed to have turned upside down lately. What had happened to the comfortable state they had shared while Shrikecall was alive? He wished he could visit Blazingstar in his own dreams one day. Perhaps at some point he would be able to talk to the leader - the one who had become a friend, and a close one, to Shrikecall.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.