Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2017, 09:15 AM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
A starry furred brown tom stepped foward next, his eyes filled with the wisdom and experience that came with being an older cat. Back in WindClan he had seemed frailer - here he was much stronger looking, and impressive looking as well. The sight of the soon to be RiverClan leader brought back so many regrets for Shrikecall. He remembered being the deputy of WindClan. Leading alongside Blazingstar, who he realized hadn't really needed the older cat's advice and guidance. No, what Blazingstar had needed was someone who could be more of a friend to him. Shrikecall wished he had realized this before. But he had gotten an experience that most warriors dreamed of, or wondered what it would be like, and now he knew for sure. Stepping foward to the black furred tom, Shrikecall's expression shifted just slightly to something that resembled a smile. He didn't smile often. And it was mainly around Heathertail, but now that she had disappeared, perhaps never to visit him in dreams again, he doubted he would be smiling much anymore.

"Greetings, Fallenstream. I am Shrikecall, the former deputy of WindClan." He didn't think this cat had been deputy at the time, as far as he could remember it had been Blackgaze. He'd never had the pleasure of meeting the she cat, so he couldn't say much on his personal opinion about her. "I give you the life of instincts. Use it well." He lowered his head, touching his nose to Fallenstream, waiting a minute or so before he pulled away. "Trust your instincts, Fallenstream. No matter what those around you say, ultimately you are the one who must decide what is right for you and your Clan." With those words, Shrikecall stepped away, a pleasant expression on his features.

There was no longer a smile, but he was gone from sight and it didn't matter anymore. There was another new leader in the Clans. They had gone through so much lately, Shrikecall wondered how long it would be before there would be peace and balance. The Clans seemed to have turned upside down lately. What had happened to the comfortable state they had shared while Shrikecall was alive? He wished he could visit Blazingstar in his own dreams one day. Perhaps at some point he would be able to talk to the leader - the one who had become a friend, and a close one, to Shrikecall.
He swung his head around, and the tom he saw next shocked him, he knew this feline, he had seen him standing where the deputies stood during the gatherings, and if he was being honest with himself, he had hated the former deputy, but only because of his rank. He gave the brown tabby a strained smile and listened intently as he spoke his part, as he passed on his wisdom. The ebony feline wasn't the deputy at the time of Shrikecall's death, he had only vaguely known the other, all he knew about him was that he was Windclan deputy at the time, and that was that, that was all it took for the tom to detest the elder feline. The tom let out a gasp as the surge of energy pulsed through him, and eventually melted away into his soul.

Fallenstream lifted his head and watched the older feline pad off, he was visibly exhausted now, panting, muscles twitching. It took a great amount of force to make him seem so exhausted, and each life held the full force of...well, a life. He had taken each and every word that was said by each cat into consideration, all of these were important lessons, and so far, they were lessons he had yet to experience, each and every one of these lives opened up a new door for him. He still didn't know what to make of it quite yet.

[Watch as my replies slowly get smaller XD ]
@Fern
you're turn, please post by 5 pm tomorrow

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us