Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2017, 03:14 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
A starry shecat stepped out of the crowd, padding towards Fallenstream. Her light grey tortoiseshell pelt shone with the familiar light of a starclan warrior. She still looked similar to when she did when she died, she had lots of belly fat, evidence she had died shortly after giving birth. Her yellow eyes glistened happily as she stopped in front of Fallenstream. "Greetings, Fallenstream. I am Opalstream, a former queen of Riverclan. I died a few moons ago." She meowed, dipping her head to the tom. She personally never met the tom but had seen him around. She couldn't recall if he was deputy then or not though.

"I am here to give you the life of loyalty, and I pray that you will use it well." She leaned forward, touching her nose to him for a few moments before moving back. "You will have to make many difficult decisions as a leader and need to be able to remember where your loyalties lie, not only to your clan but to yourself. Be true to yourself, and you will always know where they lie." The former queen dipped her head again before moving back into the ranks of Starclan watching the ceremony. She herself had to deal with loyality and thought it would be notable to give to the tom.
The tom had seen the molly around the clan before, though he didn't know her name by heart, he just knew that she had died delivering her kits, which, in turn, the ebony tom gave his respect to her. The further he got into his ceremony, the more he regretted it, he didn't want this, he didn't wish to become the leader...but what choice did he have? He couldn't leave his clan after everything that has happened, loosing Geckoleaf, Russetstar resigning, he had to keep his beloved clan in tact. What kind of tom would he be if he just took the selfish route and stepped down, they're counting on him, and honestly, that was the sole reason behind him stepping up to become leader, coming down to the Starcave to receive his nine lives. He let out a shaky breath and steadied himself again, putting an equal amount of weight on each paw, his muscles flexing as he tried to keep himself up right.

Fallenstrem kept a steady gaze as Opalstream spoke, giving him her little chunk of wisdom. As she spoke, his ears perked, he had already had to make a difficult decision for the whole of his clan. With Snowstar coming to ask for his assistance in the Windclan Thunderclan war, and with Lobsterbreath killing a kit during his first meeting he had already been feeling the effects of being a leader...effects wasn't the right word, the stress of being a leader, he now had a better understanding of why Russetstar resigned. As she gave him the life, force rippled thorugh his body, but instead of curling into the pain, the tom stood straight, and awaited the next cat, hesitance flickered in his eyes, and uncertainty blazed in his soul. Was he really the best suited for leading his clan?
@Fuzzyfeline
[Please post by 5pm pacific time tomorrow please ]

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us

Last edited by Starfall; December 5th, 2017 at 03:15 PM.