Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Digital Artist

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
Haypaw sighed rather annoyed She would die. And that wasn’t a good thing when she knew she’d be expecting it...arranging someone to kill me by suprise would be better...oh well. she forced herseld to press her nose against the stone.

A well groomed tom stepped up,” Haypaw. Why, your not leader. Why are you here.” He was her father

Haypaw gulped her heart pounding,” M-My M-mentor th-thought it’d prevent me from being suicidal...please, just kill me now, get this over with.” She whimpered as she saw her father for the first time in forever.

The tom boomed,” I am not killing you. You live your life in Shadowclan. Your mentor, Nightshade is right. I am not wanting you dead. I’m not jelous of you either. I’m glad your alive and well in Shadowclan. Please...don’t kill yourself.”

Haypaw accepted his words then let her rage show,” You wanted me to die! You hoped I’d die in your last hour of life! You had mother carry Morningkit and fled, leaving me alone in camp, if Applepounce hadn’t found me I’d have died! You do want me dead! Admit it, fox dung liar!” She hissed her claws unsheathed I should have drowned with him

He chuckled,” It’s funny when your mad, Haypaw, but no I didn’t want you to die. Have you ever heard of a flight or fight reaction? I have a flight reaction, so when the flood came, I fled, not thinking about my family. I wasn’t hoping my family would die. I was focused on escaping the flood. I didn’t escape the flood. But think for a moment. If I had taken you, you’d be dead.”

Haypaw growled,” That’s better than being alive.” She glared at her father her claws scrapping the stone.

He sighed,” Maybe your mother or Morningkit can convince you otherwise. Please give life another shot.” He faded away.

Haypaw narrowed her eyes at Nightshade,” Okay. My father is a coward, but my mother wanted me dead, or atleast favored Morningkit. Morningkit is sick jelous of me. What’s the purpose of living if my mother wants me dead and my littermate is jelous, just because my dead father wants me to live and not be a coward like he did...carry on his genes...and a mentor who wants to finish mentoring their apprentice. I’ll live to eight moons, deal?” She asked she was ready to go. How do I snap myself back to the glowing cave....
Nightshade appeared next to Haypaw, her eyes glowing. She had managed to catch the last part of her conversation. She glanced at the tom before turning to Haypaw. "Well we should at least see what your mother and siblings have to say before making any rash decisions. Okay, Haypaw?" she trailed her tail-tip along the young cat's side.